n i n e t e e n

you guys are making me feel bad for even coming up with such an angsty idea for this book but am i still going to write it? maybe, maybe not

also, i watched train to busan and i feel like my life is half complete everyone kept telling me to watch it and i finally did. now to fully complete my life i have to go to a bts concert

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"how was hanging out with namjoon." jimin asked that monday morning at work as he and taehyung fed the animals at the back.

"it was great," taehyung mumbled. it was great, he got to spend time with namjoon even if he didn't spare a single glance at the movie screen because he was too busy staring at him the whole time, but right now, there was something else on his mind.

"what's wrong?" jimin asked as he sensed his best friend's mood.

"jimin...you won't ever erase my memory, right?"

"of course not, we're best friends. i wouldn't want you to forget about me."

"but what if...what if i fall in love with...yoongi." taehyung hesitantly asked.

jimin suddenly bore a serious expression. his eyes flickered to yoongi who was busy talking to jungkook at the front of the animal shelter. "have you fallen in love with him?"

"of course not, you told me i can't." taehyung said. technically, he didn't lie. he thinks he likes yoongi, but he's still not sure. "i'm just scared that i might. anything can happen in these next two weeks that i have left to learn about loving cats and other animals."

"maybe you should separate yourself from yoongi a bit." jimin suggested.

"how is yoongi supposed to help me then?" taehyung asked.

"you guys will only be separated when it's time to go home. instead, i'll send jungkook home with you. that way, jungkook can also help you."

taehyung nodded. "okay, i haven't spent much time with jungkook either."

"then that's the perfect excuse to use so that yoongi won't get suspicious of why he suddenly he can't go home with you. yoongi and jungkook are always together here at work, anyways." jimin explained.

taehyung nodded once again. he found himself departing home with jungkook that night. both jungkook and yoongi were confused.

"you're always spending time with taehyung and jungkook. i want to spend time with you." jimin told yoongi. "and besides taehyung hasn't gotten to spend time with jungkook either."

yoongi was still confused, but nonetheless, he waved taehyung and jungkook goodbye before walking home with jimin.

"so, have you made any progress?" jimin asked.

"well, taehyung has grown fond of me and he's able to tolerate other animals," yoongi said as he recalled taehyung smiling while petting rapmon's soft fur.
"any...love progress?"

yoongi scrunched his eyebrows up in confusion. "you mean taehyung loving animals?"

jimin shook his head. "never mind,"

jimin wanted to speak yoongi if he had any feelings for taehyung, but he wasn't sure how to ask.

they walked in silence together the rest of the way to the house. once they finally reached home, jimin got the courage to finally ask yoongi what he wanted to, but he wanted to be subtle about it. "you know," he started off as yoongi went straight to the kitchen to find something to eat, but only found jungkook's carrots and cat food.

"yes?" he asked while he rummaged around some more, but found no human food or cheeseballs.

"...there's a story about a guy like taehyung who hated animals, especially cats and...there's another guy like you."

"what?" yoongi asked confused as he gave up and grabbed one of jungkook's carrots to munch on. he turned found to face jimin.

"the guy that hated cats is named jaebeom and the other guy who was like you is named jinyoung. jinyoung helped jaebeom, but..."

"but?" yoongi asked while unintentionally crunching loudly on the carrot.

"they fell in love." jimin finished.

yoongi stopped chewing and stared at jimin. did taehyung tell him? slowly, yoongi finished chewing and swallowed what he had in his mouth before speaking. "why are you telling me this?"

"i forgot to tell you when you agreed to help taehyung."

"so you're telling me now?" yoongi asked.

"look, you know that you're not supposed to fall in love with taehyung." jimin said.

yoongi slowly nodded. too late for that, now.

"yeah, so this story is just to explain what happens if you fall in love with him."

"but you didn't tell me what happened after they fell in love."

jimin nodded. "i was just getting there. after they fell in love, they were happy for a while. they had more time to spend together too. i gave jaebeom a lot of time to learn, too much."

"how much time?" yoongi asked as he began to munch on the carrot again.

"six months, i should have only given him a month like taehyung." jimin said. "jaebeom did learn his lesson though and when it came time for jinyoung to turn back into a cat and return to the animal kingdom, he couldn't bare the pain. after jinyoung was gone, jaebeom was helpless without him. jaebeom had even adopted five cats the last time i saw him. he was hurting a lot, so i had to erase jaebeom's memory of everyone and everything he knew about the animal kingdom so that he could live in peace. love hurts even if you love someone you can't be with."

"if taehyung falls in love with me...will you erase his memory?" yoongi asked.

jimin sadly nodded. "it'll hurt me to do it. taehyung is my best friend, if he falls in love with you and i have to erase his memory, and he'll forget about everything, he'll forget about me, his best friend."

"you don't have to worry about taehyung falling in love with me." yoongi said. "we can't even kiss for the matter. besides the two weeks he has left will pass by quick and soon i'll be turning back into a cat and taehyung will resume his normal life with you." yoongi tried to reassure. his heart hurt as he said those words. he had already fallen in love with taehyung, but taehyung doesn't feel the same way.

somehow, yoongi had a feeling that maybe taehyung wouldn't need his memory to be erased. there's no way taehyung would fall for him in two weeks.

yoongi's heart hurt even more as he thought that maybe it would be him who would need to have his memory erased.

jimin smiled before heading towards the kitchen to eat a snack before going to bed. he hoped yoongi would listen even if he hadn't told him the whole truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hmm i wonder what could jimin be hiding 👀