t w e n t y s e v e n

taehyung's fingers lightly brushed over yoongi's hand, teasing him, waiting to see how the other would react.

"what are you doing?" yoongi whispered as they stood beside each other at the counter while jimin and jungkook were busy at the back.

"you said you wanted to do couple stuff. we can't kiss right now, so i'm doing the best i can without getting caught." taehyung said before he turned around to make sure jimin and jungkook weren't looking. then he quickly pressed his lips against yoongi's cheek, surprising him.

"w-what are you doing?" yoongi asked surprised as he reached up and touched his cheek that taehyung had kissed.

"i just told you. is it too much?" taehyung asked worriedly.

yoongi nodded. "i want to be able to move on with my life, but be stuck on feelings for you forever."

"sorry," taehyung said as he lowered his head. "we only have five days, i just wanted to make the best of it."

yoongi sighed. "it's okay just don't kiss me here or anything like that while jimin is around."

"i completely forgot about jimin." taehyung said as he put his hand on the counter and rested his chin on the palm of his hand. "you know, jimin told me a story about a guy named jaebeom and a cat named jinyoung"

"yeah, he told me that story too, at first i found it weird because jimin only told jaebeom's part of the story, but then i asked him about jinyoung," yoongi said.

"i never heard jinyoung's part of the story. what happened to him?" taehyung asked as he turned to yoongi.

"well they both fell in love and neither of them couldn't forget about each other and since jimin had already erased jaebeom's memory, jinyoung asked jaebeom to erase his memory as well, so he could move on."

taehyung stared at yoongi with worried eyes. "are you going to ask jimin to erase your memory?"

yoongi shook his head. "he told me to spend time with you so that i can move on with the thought of you being happy and the both of us creating our last happy memories."

"wait you told jimin how you feel about me?" taehyung asked surprised.

yoongi shook his head. "jimin just knew."

taehyung's eyes widened. he wondered if jimin knew how he felt towards taehyung.

"what are you thinking of?" yoongi asked.

taehyung shook his thoughts away. "nothing much, just how i won't have to buy as many cheeseballs for you anymore."

"i think i missed cheeseballs the most, that's why i'm always eating them." yoongi said. "sorry if i made your wallet suffer."

taehyung smiled. "you didn't make my wallet suffer. in fact, i don't buy cheeseballs often because i hardly eat them, but since you loved them so much, i just started to buy them more often."

"remember when we first met?" yoongi chuckled as he recalled the memory.

"when i woke up and found you eating my cheeseballs?"

"no, before that, we met on the sidewalk as you were walking home. i was in my cat form and you were so scared of me."

"and then you scratched me." taehyung said as he removed his hand from he was resting his chin on and placed it on his cheek to feel for any scars, but they had all faded.

"i deeply apologize. i just couldn't bear to see and hear you arguing with me while i had to look at such a pretty face."

taehyung's cheeks were tinted with a rosy color. he tried to cover up his face to hide his rosy cheeks, but yoongi saw it.

"why are your cheeks so rosy? are you blushing? is it because i mentioned that your face was pretty? should i do it again to make you blush more?" yoongi teased.

"you're supposed to spend time with me, not tease me." taehyung said as he placed his hands over his cheeks to get them to cool down.

"come on taehyung," yoongi said as he smiled. "let me have fun."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the calico cat wandered the streets endlessly. it wasn't a stray cat though, it had a home, but it loved to visit a particular human.

stopping in front of the house, the calico cat climbed the stairs where he then proceeded to jump on the chair outside the porch and by the window.

he peeked inside the window and noticed that the human was talking to someone else, so he sat on the chair and patiently waited for the human to finish.

after some time, the front door opened and he heard someone mention a name, but he wasn't listening very much. he just wanted to see the human.

he turned to the door where the human was saying something to its visitor before they finally left.

the calico cat leaped off the chair and meowed.

the human heard him and turned to find the cat standing in front of him.

"were you waiting for me?" the human asked as he picked up the cat.

the calico cat meowed in agreement.

"you always come back to me, but i never have food to feed you." he said. "my brother was just here too. he's coming this visit weekend again."

the cat only stared up at the human. he meowed again as the human cuddled him close.

who knew that that would be the second to last time that the human would hold him like that.

jimin wiped his tears as more continued to fall as he remembered the last day he saw the human, seokjin.

it was his fault seokjin died. he wasn't looking when he was crossing the street. he was also walking slowly, taking its time.

he should have looked before crossing the street, he should have walked faster. jimin could have saved seokjin's life that way.

he has lost the love of his life that day. jimin had fallen in love with a human and now to prevent any more accidents like this, he didn't allow humans and cats to fall in love.

it was just better that way because no one would get hurt.