t h i r t y f o u r

thank you all so much for 7k reads and getting this book to #5 in cats 🥺

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jungkook was sensitive around jimin the next day. he wouldn't speak to him unless jimin said something first, but even then, jungkook would only give short and quick replies, afraid to anger jimin again.

"jungkook, you're a little quieter than usual." yoongi noticed. "is something wrong?"

taehyung turned to jungkook as well, feeling how the atmosphere at the shelter was a little gloomy than usual. jungkook was like their little ball of sunshine that lit up everything with joy. 

"something is wrong with jimin," he said. "i tried asking him about it last night, but the got mad and he-" jungkook paused as his lips formed into a pout and his eyes began to water.

"what did jimin do?" yoongi asked as he quickly glanced back at jimin who was busy once again at the back of the animal shelter.

"do i have to speak with him?" taehyung stepped in as well, ready to interrogate jimin.

jungkook took a small shaky breath and with a cracked voice he spoke, "he yelled at me. jimin doesn't yell at me. he knows i'm sensitive, you know i'm sensitive, yoongi."

yoongi pulled jungkook towards him and embraced him in a hug. since he was shorter than jungkook, he felt jungkook's head resting on his shoulder, while yoongi rubbed his back soothingly. "it's okay jungkook. jimin must be stressed about something. when he's ready to tell us, he will."

jungkook nodded his head while crying into yoongi's shoulder. "i was just worried for jimin."

"i know you were. you always worry about others because you want to make sure they're okay," yoongi said as he closed his eyes and listened to jungkook's small cries.

taehyung who was watching with worry decided to head to the back of the animal shelter and really interrogate jimin. "i heard you make jungkook cry."

"what?" jimin asked surprised. he wasn't expecting for taehyung to suddenly go to him and randomly ask him that.

"you yelled at jungkook and made him cry."

"oh, i was just tired last night and lashed out on him," jimin explained.

"did you apologize? because to me it doesn't seem like you did. jungkook is currently crying in yoongi's shoulder since you yelled at him. you know him more than i do, you know he's sensitive, jimin."

"i didn't mean to make him cry. i didn't think he would take it seriously either."

taehyung crossed his arms. "well he did, so go apologize."

jimin sighed and headed towards jungkook where he was still wrapped in yoongi's arms. he did feel guilty for yelling at jungkook. he didn't mean to lash out on him. he was just buried too deep in his thoughts.

"jungkook?" jimin softly spoke, afraid to hurt the bunny's feelings again. jungkook raised his head off yoongi's shoulder and looked at him through his glossy eyes. "can i have a hug?"

jungkook nodded and slowly broke out of yoongi's embrace. he hesitantly wrapped his arms around jimin.

jimin wrapped his arms around him tightly. "i'm sorry, jungkook. i didn't mean to yell at you. i was just too busy in my thoughts and too tired that i lashed out on you."

"what...what were you thinking of?" jungkook hesitantly asked.

jimin ran a hand through the back of jungkook's hair. "just some old memories."

"what kind of old memories?"

"just some sad ones."

"oh, i should be the one to be sorry then, i apologize, jimin. i shouldn't have asked if it were some sad memories you were thinking about." jungkook said.

"jungkook, you don't need to apologize. i understand that you were just worried about me. i'm the one who should be sorry, so i'm sorry for yelling at you. i won't ever yell at you again," jimin said as he continued to softly run his fingers through jungkook's hair.

jungkook then fully wrapped his arms around jimin. "i'll accept your apology."

smiling, jimin wrapped his arms a little tighter around jungkook, but careful not hurt him.

taehyung and yoongi had been watching in silence as the two of them hugged each other, small smiles on their faces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"yoongi!" taehyung shouted in between laughs as the said male had his hands on him and was currently tickling him.

yoongi didn't seem like he was going to stop any time soon judging by the wide gummy smile spread across his face.

"why should i stop?" He yoongi teased, his fingers tickling taehyung's side.

taehyung was laying on the couch defenseless as yoongi continued his torture. "p-please!"

yoongi stopped for a few moments, letting taehyung take a new breath before catching him off guard and tickling him again.

yoongi!" taehyung shouted again in between laughs.

yoongi once again continued his torture for another minute or so until finally, he listened. he stopped and stared at taehyung from above as taehyung stared up at the ceiling while trying to catch his breath, his hand clutching onto his stomach due to the pain for laughing for so long.

after noticing the silence and feeling yoongi's eyes on him, taehyung sat up and then turned to yoongi. their eyes met and they stared at each other without saying a word.

yoongi reached out and placed a hand on taehyung's cheek. taehyung closed his eyes and felt yoongi's body moving closer to his.

soon, he felt yoongi's lips on his neck. taehyung moved his head to the side as he felt yoongi sucking on a spot on his neck. taehyung let out a soft moan as he let yoongi's lips leaving a love mark on his neck.

when yoongi was done, he kissed the spot before trailing his lips alongside taehyung's jawline, leaving small kisses there as well.

"i wish i would kiss you," yoongi whispered as his lips now lingered over taehyung's, staring longingly at them.

taehyung opened his eyes and let his wander down to yoongi's lips as well. he longed to kiss them as well. "me too," taehyung whispered.

yoongi began to lean closer to taehyung's lips, their lips now inches away from touching while feeling their breaths on each other.

if it weren't for yoongi turning into a cat, taehyung would have leaned in to close the gap between them. instead, he turned his head to the side and kissed the corner of yoongi's mouth.

yoongi did the same before laying back down with taehyung on the bed and wrapping his arms around him. he closed his eyes and went to sleep with a smile on his face.

meanwhile, taehyung's watched yoongi sleep, a frown on his face as he remembered that tomorrow would be their last day together.