n i n e

"so i was thinking, what if you bring some of those cheeseballs to work again?" jungkook asked.

"i'm trying to save them." taehyung said. "my wallet will be crying due to the amount of cheeseballs i'll have to constantly keep buying." taehyung glared at the cat.

the cat only meowed.

"you're even buying him food he likes." jimin said.

"as long as he doesn't scratch me, we are good."

"why don't you try giving yoongi cat food again?" jimin suggested.

the cat hissed.

"or not."

"i think yoongi doesn't like cat food." jungkook said. "when we were animals, yoongi didn't eat cat food very often. i think it's because he was a human before a cat, that he prefers human food."

at this, the cat meowed.

"see, i think i'm right." jungkook said with a smile.

"so what you're saying is that i can feed him other human food and not just cheeseballs?" taehyung asked.

jungkook nodded. "yeah...can you bring me some too? i want to try some human food while i'm human."

taehyung smiled. "of course, jungkook."

"you should enjoy yourself while you can too, taehyung." jimin said.

"why?" taehyung asked confused.

"time is running out and you still haven't learned to like animals."

taehyung had completely forgotten about his fate. he turned to the cat who stared back at him with his striking blue eyes. "how much time do i have?" taehyung asked, a hint of fear in his voice as he turned to jimin again.

"probably a month, i'm not sure, but all i know is that there isn't much time." jimin warned.

taehyung nervously gulped. he turned back to the cat. the cat must have sensed his fear because it tried to pull it's towards taehyung, but struggled.

taehyung noticed the cat trying to reach him, so he reached out and picked up the cat. he held it gently in his arms, careful not to hurt its injured leg. "i love this cat though." taehyung tried to assure.

jimin shook his head. "that's not how it works. there's something in the animal kingdom that determines it. i can't tell you though. you must figure it out on your own."

"does jungkook know?" taehyung asked as he turned to face the said male.

jungkook shook his head. "i'm just a bunny."

"what about..." taehyung stared down at the cat. "he must know right?"

"yoongi can't tell you either." jimin said.

taehyung bit his bottom lip. he stared down at the cat in his arms again. he gently scratched behind its soft ears, causing the cat to let out a purr.

would he have to show the cat lots of affection in order to show that he loved cats? taehyung asked to himself.

that night after taehyung got home from work. he fed the cat some cheeseballs while he sat at his kitchen table, a computer sitting in front of him.

taehyung was trying to do research. he would type in many things into the search bar about cats and humans turning into cats, but nothing popped up.

he was watching the cat eat when he suddenly remembered something. he quickly sat up in his chair, startling the cat. "you were turned into a cat by magic right?"

the cat meowed.

taehyung remembered hoseok saying that the cat had turned into one by magic.

taehyung quickly typed 'humans turning into cats by magic', but nothing popped up. he fell back in his chair, defeated.

what was the thing that would save him from turning into a cat? taehyung wondered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"this is the third time this week i have gone to buy cheeseballs." taehyung muttered as he watched the cat and jungkook eat them.

"i thought you said you were going to give yoongi some other human food." jimin said.

"i was, but i've been busy these past few days."
taehyung sat at his kitchen table every night as the cat ate with his computer in front of him, typing anything he could think of regarding cats and magic.

as if reading his thoughts, jimin replied, "if you're trying to figure out what it is that will save you from turning into a cat, don't bother. you won't find anything."

taehyung sighed defeated. "can you at least give me some tips?"

"tips for what?"

taehyung shrugged. "i don't know, anything? tips that will help me not turn into a cat?"

"spend some time with yoongi this weekend. do some things together other than arguing." jimin said.

"but won't you need help with the animal shelter?" taehyung asked. the animal shelter was open every day of the week.

"jungkook and i got this covered. if you and i were able to run this animal shelter together before, i can do it with jungkook."

taehyung turned to look at the cat. he had a feeling he was going to have to buy some extra cheeseballs and boy he was right because when the weekend came, they were out of cheeseballs. taehyung had to run to the store to buy some before the cat could whine.

"you should eat other food. i can't have you hurting my wallet." taehyung said.

the cat ignored him and continued to eat cheeseballs.

he sighed. "come on, stop eating cheeseballs. jimin wanted us to spend time together and if that prevents me from turning into a cat then so be it."

the cat meowed after munching on his last cheeseball. taehyung was surprised that the cat actually listened.

"what should we do?" taehyung asked as he went to pick up the cat, but paused as he got a whiff of a musty smell. "why does it smell like that? did you poop on my carpet? jimin gave me a litter box for you." taehyung said as he sniffed the air trying to identify where the smell was coming from.

the cat meowed.

"is that a reply to any of my questions? wait is it my breath that smells?" taehyung gently put the cat down before bringing a hand to his mouth to smell his breath. "no it's not my breath." he said as he picked up the cat once again, but stopped once the smell got stronger. "is that you who stinks?" taehyung asked as he brought the cat closer to him so that he could smell him.

once taehyung got a whiff of the cat, he quickly turned his head the other away. he had found the source of the musty smell. "think i know what we're doing today."