t w e n t y e i g h t

the two different types of people who read the previous chapter^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

taehyung watched with curious eyes as a calico cat ran across the street and to his brother, seokjin.

seokjin smiled and picked up the cat upon noticing him.

taehyung was confused. his brother never mentioned anything about a cat to him before. sighing, he looked both ways before crossing the street and netting seokjin and the cat on the other side.

"you have a pet cat?" he asked as he stood in front of seokjin.

"no, this cat happened to show up to my house one day and ever since it's always come back. i don't know why though, i never fed it any food because i didn't have cat food and i didn't know if there was specific food that cats could eat." seokjin explained. "but the other day i bought some, so every time it comes over, i can feed it now."

"so you've grown fond of the cat?" taehyung asked while he observed the cat in seokjin's arms.

"yeah, i want to keep her."

"her?"

"well, i'm assuming it's a female. calico cats are mainly females. males are rare." seokjin said.

"and if it's a male?"

seokjin shrugged. "it won't change the way i feel about the cat."

the cat meowed before leaping out of seokjin's arms and landing gracefully onto the ground.

taehyung's eyes widened. "did your cat just jump out of your arms and not get hurt?"

"females are strong, but underappreciated in the society we live in today. never underestimate them, especially the female calico cats. they are very aggressive." seokjin said.

taehyung nodded while making a mental note to not anger the calico cat if he ever had an encounter with her.

seokjin smiled at the cat as the cat began to walk away from them and onto the street to get to the other side once again as it had been before, but before it could, seokjin's eyes widened as he noticed the car approaching while the cat was walking in the middle of the street.

the cat hadn't seemed to notice the cat either as it was walking slowly, taking its time.

without thinking, seokjin sprinted towards the cat in an attempt to save it from getting hurt, but instead, he was the one who got hurt instead.