s i x t e e n

we're about halfway done through the book already 🤠

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

date.

taehyung wanted to call it a date.

but to namjoon, this was only two people coming to learn more about each other to become friends.

"i didn't expect you to want to meet up again." namjoon said as they stood in line, waiting for their turn to order.

they were currently at the movies. taehyung wasn't sure where to hang out, so namjoon suggested the movies. there was a new movie he really wanted to see.

"i thought it was fun the last time we hung out, so i wanted to hang out again." taehyung said.

this surprised namjoon. "you really enjoyed hanging out last time? it was mainly us running after rapmon after you took the picture of us together."

"yeah, i enjoyed it despite the running."

"how is yoongi? namjoon asked as he remembered that the cat's leg was injured.

"he's all healed now." taehyung said.

"wow, already?" namjoon asked.

taehyung nodded. "yoongi is a special cat. it's almost as if magic healed him." literally.

"next time we hang out, you should bring yoongi with you and i'll bring rapmon again, but hopefully he doesn't try running away."

taehyung laughed at the memory of namjoon chasing after the dog around the dog park. it was as if rapmon was playing a game of tag and namjoon was it.

namjoon smiled as he heard taehyung's laugh and saw the younger's box-like smile. that made him smile as well, his dimples forming on his cheeks and making taehyung choke on his laughter. namjoon patted his back in an attempt to calm him down. the person behind them move a bit back and the couple in front of them turned to glare. they quickly walked away as soon as they got their order and namjoon ordered some popcorn and two large drinks for the both of them.

taehyung basically drank the whole drink after just witnessing namjoon's dimples once again and choking.

"are you okay?" namjoon asked worriedly after refilling his drink.

taehyung coughed a few more times before finally he felt himself calming down and being able to breathe properly. "i think i'm good now." he said. "i choked on my saliva."

namjoon chuckled. "that happens to me sometimes too."

taehyung nervously laughed before they entered the dark theatre room. they sat beside each other as the previews rolled. the light from the big movie screen lit up their faces, but taehyung was only focused on namjoon instead of the screen. even after the movie started he was still focused on namjoon.

taehyung didn't realize how long he was staring until namjoon turned to look at him after the movie had ended.

"you didn't even eat popcorn." namjoon said.

"oh, i...was afraid of choking again!" he quickly explained. he tried to not make it obvious that he was staring at namjoon during the whole movie.

"oh, it's getting late." namjoon said as the lights flickered on in the room and he checked the time on his phone.

taehyung felt a bit disappointed. not because he was too busy staring at namjoon the whole time that he missed the whole movie, but because it was time for them to go home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

taehyung opened the front door of his house and found yoongi on the couch, angrily munching on some cheeseballs. he paused, "are you okay?"

yoongi glared before asking, "how was your date?"

"date? it wasn't a date." taehyung said, although he wishes it was.

yoongi put the lid on the cheeseballs container and sucked on his thumb to lick off the cheeseball crumbs. then he wiped off his finger on his shirt before standing up and approaching taehyung.

taehyung watched curiously as yoongi slowly approached him before pushing him against the wall.

"are you mad?" taehyung asked as he stared back at yoongi, a confused expression on his face.

"what do you think?" yoongi asked as he glared and put his face in between taehyung's shoulder and neck.

taehyung felt yoongi's breathing on him. "i'm not sure, that's why i'm asking you. and what are you doing?"

"nothing," yoongi said as he then wrapped his arms around taehyung.

"uh...this clearly isn't nothing."

"shut up and tell me why you think it's okay to go on a date with that namjoon guy."

taehyung frowned. "i told you it wasn't a date and why do you even care?"

"i care because you seem a little too interested in him. is that why jimin gave you the weekends off?"

"yeah he gave me the weekends off, so i could get to know him more."

yoongi moved his head away from in between taehyung's neck and shoulder and rested his face a few inches away from taehyung's. "so you like him?"

"why are you so close?" taehyung asked he noticed their close proximity.

"what am i to you?"

"what?"

"what am i to you?" yoongi repeated.

"i'm not sure what you mean." taehyung said confused.

"am i just a cat to you? a cat that is helping you, so that you can avoid the same fate? a cat that you grew fond of? a cat that was once a human? or am i just yoongi to you? a cat named yoongi?"

"why are you asking me this? i don't know what you're asking or doing?" taehyung said as he tried moving his head back, but couldn't because he was pressed against the wall.

"why do you think i'm doing this?" yoongi asked.

"i don't know that's why i'm asking you!"

"fine! if you really don't know, then i'll tell you!"

"then tell me!"

"you know very well, that we can't kiss right?" yoongi asked as his eyes trailed down to taehyung's lips.

taehyung glanced down to look at yoongi's lips before looking back at his eyes. "you turn into a cat when we kiss."

"yeah, i know, but have you ever wondered how my lips actually felt like when you kissed me? how it would feel to kiss without having to worry about me turning into a cat with the slightest peck on my lips?"

"what?"

"i sure have." yoongi said as he ignored taehyung and continued to speak. "i wondered how it would feel to kiss you on the lips without me turning into a cat. i hate that when we kiss, it's not even a real kiss, but a peck. sometimes i wish i could just grab your head and deepen our kiss, but by then i'm already a cat."

taehyung was speechless as he listened to yoongi. his eyes would occasionally glance to yoongi's lips as he spoke.

"don't you want to kiss me?" yoongi asked, his eyes full with hope.

"and turn you into a cat right now? yeah, i really do. i don't understand anything you're saying."

yoongi rested his forehead against taehyung's, their faces even closer than they were before and so were their lips.

"w-what are you...do-doing?" taehyung nervously asked.

"it's not what i'm doing, it's what i'm about to do."

"wha-"

yoongi's lips came in contact with taehyung's cutting him off from what he was about to say. taehyung was expecting yoongi to turn into a cat, but then he felt yoongi's lips moving against his.