e i g h t

"why are you feeding him cheeseballs? he's not supposed to eat cheeseballs!"

taehyung watched as jimin was freaking out over the cat eating the cheeseballs.

jungkook grabbed one and held it in his hand, examining it. "i've never tasted human food before. is it good, yoongi?"

the cat nodded his head and meowed before eating another cheeseball.

"stop eating them, yoongi!" jimin panicked.

taehyung sighed. "we were arguing a bit today, not much though. he refused to eat the cat food and there were only ten minutes before i had to get to work, so it was either i force the cat to eat the cat food and be late, possibly receive a few more scratches when the ones on my face are already healing or just let the cat get what it wants and show up on time without any scratches."

jungkook listened to taehyung speak as he bit into the cheeseball. his eyes widened at the taste. "these are good!"

yoongi meowed in agreement before reaching for yet another cheeseball.

"yoongi!" jimin tried to stop the cat, but the cat only ignored him. jimin sighed before turning to taehyung. "i would of rather you show up late with a few scratches than yoongi eating cheeseballs."

"jimin, these are delicious." jungkook said as he munched on a cheeseball. "i can see why yoongi loves these."

"as much as i would rather feed him cat food," taehyung pointed at the cat. "i didn't want to be late or have my face scratched."

jimin sighed. "fine, whatever," then he turned to the cat. "you think just because you are injured, you can get anything you want?"

the cat meowed.

"i think that was a yes?" taehyung questioned.

"so you speak cat language now?" jungkook asked, amazed.

taehyung shook his head. "no, but i learned he whines when he doesn't want something. he was whining when i tried to give him the cat food and he was whining last night when i at first refused to let him sleep with me."

"yoongi loves to sleep, but he can't sleep if he isn't comfortable." jungkook explained.

"i learned that last night." taehyung muttered as he recalled himself arguing with the cat. "i can't believe i was arguing with a cat."

"i can." taehyung heard jimin say.

"anyways," taehyung continued. "i have a feeling i'm going to be constantly buying cheeseballs for a while," he said as he eyed the cat and jungkook munching on them like kids who can't get enough of candy.

the little bell rang as the door of the animal shelter opened. the lady who walked in gasped as she stared at jungkook and the cat, mainly the cat. "is it supposed to eat cheeseballs?"

taehyung shook his head. "no, but this cat is quite special."

jungkook stifled a laugh before reaching for another cheeseball only for his hand to be met with yoongi's paw.

jungkook frowned. he stared at the empty container of cheeseballs as he retraced his hand out from the container.

the cat whined.

taehyung sighed. "well, ma'am, my boss and friend, jimin, can help you. i have to run to the store and buy some cheeseballs."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"is that all you're going to eat?" taehyung asked as he sat in his kitchen, watching the cat eat the new container of cheeseballs he had bought.

the cat meowed.