e i g h t e e n

the next morning, taehyung woke up to yoongi sleeping peacefully beside him. he reached out to place a kiss on his lips, but to his disappointment, yoongi turned into a cat.

the cat woke up after being transformed and meowed. it leaped towards taehyung on the bed and licked his lips.

"you tried kissing me?" yoongi asked after the cloud of sparkly dust changed him back into his human form.

"your lips are addictive." taehyung said as he eyed yoongi's lips.

"as much as i would love to kiss you as well, you can't because i'll turn into a cat."

"i know," taehyung pouted.

yoongi reached out and pressed a gentle kiss on taehyung's cheek. "that's the most you can get right now." he said.

taehyung smiled. "can you at least feel your lips again?"

"barely, we kissed a lot yesterday."

"well, when you can feel your lips again," taehyung said as he wrapped his arms around yoongi, pulling him closer. "you should ask jungkook to get some more of that magic dust."

yoongi blushed furiously as taehyung then placed his head into the crook of his neck and cuddled him.

"i have work today," yoongi said.

"don't go, jimin will understand if you're with me. now, cuddle me back."

without saying a word, yoongi wrapped his arms around taehyung, a small smile on his lips while his cheeks were still tinted pink.

they laid in bed together for who knows how long. they were simply enjoying each other's warmth and their arms wrapped around each other, until yoongi suddenly sat up, remembering something.

"we need to buy cheeseballs!"

"why? i thought there was still some left yesterday. i came home to find you eating them." taehyung said.

"yeah, but you know i love cheeseballs and time is running out. i have to snack on as many cheeseballs i can before i turn back into a cat," yoongi explained.

taehyung's stomach churned. he had been having a great time with yoongi that he had completely forgotten that he only had a month to learn to love animals, especially cats. two weeks were spent with yoongi in his cat form and taehyung looking after him while the cat healed from his injury. "can you teach me how to love cats? or just animals in general?" taehyung asked.

"well, you already love me right?"

"i've just...grown fond of you." taehyung slowly explained, trying his best not to hurt yoongi's feelings.

yoongi didn't seem fazed though. he only smiled and said, "that's still something and you cared for me while i was injured."

"because it was my fault you got injured."

"well...yeah, but there were other instances too where you've shown to care for other animals."

"like when? and what animals?" taehyung asked.

"well, starting with namjoon's dog." yoongi's nose scrunched up in disgust as he mentioned namjoon. "you really seemed to like rapmon. i did too."

"i thought cats and dogs didn't get along, though."

"that's because we see each other as a threat. the only way for dogs and cats to get along is if they meet when they're very young so that they can learn to interact with each other peacefully." yoongi explained. "i'm grown adult, but i'm technically a young kitten. it's only been about a year since i've been turned into a cat."

"so you're saying that if i turn into a cat, rapmon will still like me?" taehyung asked excitedly as he remembered the way the dog interacted with him.

yoongi nodded. he was about to say something else until his stomach grumbles loudly. yoongi and taehyung remained silent as they stared at each other, trying to process what they just heard.

"let's go buy some more cheeseballs." taehyung said as he removed his arms from around yoongi. he pulled the blanket off his body and stood up while yoongi laid embarrassedly in bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"remember the last time we came here together?" 

taehyung looked at the no pets allowed sign hanging on the window as he walked into the grocery store. "you're a human now. i can't lose you again."

"i know," yoongi said as he grabbed taehyung's hand and intertwined them. taehyung gave him a questioning look. "so i won't get lost again."

taehyung playfully rolled his eyes but kept his hand in yoongi's. he went to find the cheeseballs, but soon he suddenly stopped in front of the refrigerators. he stared at the many rows of ice cream. he was suddenly craving some.

"i want some ice cream." yoongi said. "can't remember the last time i had some."

taehyung opened one of the doors and chose a box of ice cream sandwich bars before walking back to the isles and finding the cheeseballs.

taehyung paid for the items and as they walked home together, they enjoyed their ice cream sandwich bar. their hands were still intertwined.

"wow, i can't believe i almost forgot how ice cream tasted like. i miss being a human," yoongi said.

"soon you won't be human anymore." taehyung mumbled as his thoughts raced through his mind, thinking about how he only had about two weeks left to love cats and other animals or he would turn into a cat.

yoongi pouted. "i know, i'm going to miss eating cheeseballs...and you."

taehyung found himself replying back quick. "i'm going to miss you too."

"and my kisses?" yoongi teased.

"and your kisses." taehyung added.

"i should ask jungkook to get me some of the magic dust again."

"yeah, you should."

"who knows, maybe you'll fall in love with me," yoongi said.

i think i'm already in love with you.

"maybe," taehyung said as he stared at yoongi's side profile. he watched as yoongi suddenly smiled as he thought about the possibility of taehyung falling in love with him. he suddenly needed to talk to jimin.

"if you do fall in love with me, maybe i can convince jimin to let me stay human," yoongi said.

taehyung suddenly thought about the story jimin told him about the cat jinyoung and the person he was helping, jaebeom. he used to think stories like those were fairytales. now he knew, that they were real.

taehyung's stomach twisted. he didn't want to fall too deep in love with yoongi. he didn't want his memory to be erased.

he suddenly needed to talk to jimin.