f i v e

"you know, i am really craving some cheeseballs," yoongi said as he stood behind the counter with taehyung.

jimin was currently busy with jungkook, showing him around the animal shelter and what he had to do.

"then buy some." taehyung said without even bothering to look at the other.

"but yours taste better."

"i don't care."

yoongi huffed in annoyance, his attempts to annoy the other not working. as he studied taehyung's side profile, the scratches gave him lingering his face. it was obvious that it would take the scratches a while to go away.

feeling his stare, taehyung reached up and touched his cheek, feeling the scars underneath his palm. he frowned as a sigh escaped his lips.

the door of the animal shelter opened, the bell ringing, indicating that a customer had walked in.

"how can i help you today?" taehyung asked.

"my goodness...your face." the customer said as they stared at taehyung's face in shock.

"i got scratched by a cat." taehyung said with a sigh.

"why don't you go to the back with jimin and jungkook." yoongi suggested. "i got this."

taehyung complied, not having the energy to argue with yoongi.

"what's wrong taehyung?" jimin asked as he noticed the other pull up a chair and sit next to the fish.

at least the fish aren't capable of harming me, taehyung thought as he stared at the fish tank full of fish.

"he has it covered." taehyung replied as he pointed to yoongi who was busy helping out the customer. "and besides i should spend time with the animals so that i won't turn into a cat."

"but those are fishes." jimin pointed out.

"i'm not in the mood to deal with cats or really any type of animal with claws."

jimin sighed and let taehyung be before turning his attention back to jungkook as he explained what he needed to know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yoongi felt bad.

he was quiet when they dropped taehyung off at his house.

taehyung didn't talk much either, obviously pretty upset about the new scratches yoongi left him. it would take a while for all those scratches to heal.

"you better stop scratching taehyung." jimin said as yoongi and jungkook walked home with him. they all lived together. jimin didn't think neither of them needed a house since jungkook had always been a bunny, he'd only be in his human form until yoongi helped taehyung. then he would go back to being a bunny and yoongi would go back to being a cat as well.

"i won't." yoongi said with his head hanging low. "i already feel bad."

"do you really think he has a pretty face?" jungkook suddenly asked.

"what?"

"you threatened to ruin his pretty face." jungkook explained.

jimin nodded. "yeah, you mentioned that quite a lot and you two just met like two days ago. do you find taehyung attractive?"

"i..." yoongi felt a slight blush forming on his cheeks. "he has a great face."

"so then why did you scratch taehyung's face?" jungkook asked.