t w e n t y n i n e

we reached 5k reads and 300 votes thank you all so much 🥺

also, i heard wattpad has dark mode now i might update the app later and see if i like it or not

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

after the death of his brother, taehyung didn't know what to do. a part of him wanted to sit at home and mourn his brother for the rest of his life, but the other part of him knew his brother wouldn't want him to do that.

he was walking around outside once when he was suddenly approached by someone. it was weird for taehyung to be suddenly asked if he wanted to be friends with this someone.

when taehyung asked him why he was asking him that, the other person replied, "you look like you could use a friend with what you're going through right now."

once again, taehyung felt that it was weird that the person knew that he was going through something, but he had no one at that time, so he replied with "okay, let's be friends."

it was the start to taehyung's friendship with jimin. jimin was older than him, so taehyung saw him as an older brother who he could rely on and ask for help or advice whenever he needed too.

jimin felt like it was his duty to befriend taehyung. it was his fault that seokjin had died, so he wanted to help taehyung get over his brother's death. he figured that since he couldn't bring himself to tell taehyung that he was the calico cat that his brother tried to save, he should at least bring happiness to taehyung's life once again.

taehyung told jimin about his brother's death and how he was grateful to have jimin in his life all while jimin was hurting on the inside, wondering when and how he should reveal to taehyung that he was the reason why his brother died.

taehyung was finally happy after so long, but he had still hated animals, especially cats. he blamed the calico cat for seokjin's death and jimin blamed himself as well.

in an attempt to help taehyung not despise cats and other animals, jimin offered him a job at his animal shelter, but to his disappointment, it didn't work.

he spoke with yoongi and told him about taehyung without mentioning the reason as to why he hated cats so much and the whole accident of seokjin's death. he didn't want yoongi to know about it either.

it was only jimin's dark secret to keep, but he knew that one day he would have to tell taehyung and he was afraid for when that day would come. jimin knew that that day was approaching very soon.

he'd have to tell taehyung that he was responsible for seokjin's death and he wasn't ready for what taehyung's reaction would be.

jimin hoped taehyung wouldn't hate him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jungkook had finished helping the customer before he turned his attention back to yoongi and taehyung.
"are you talking about your brother seokjin that you had mentioned to me before?" 

taehyung nodded. "last night, i had a nightmare. i watched him die all over again."

"why did he die?" yoongi asked. "if you don't mind me asking."

"he died because of a cat."

"a cat?"

taehyung nodded. "he tried saving a calico cat, but instead, he was the one who got hurt."

"so that's why you hate cats." jungkook concluded.

taehyung nodded again. "i'm afraid that after you leave yoongi, i'll start to hate animals again, especially cats. the calico cat was the reason my brother died."

jimin suppressed back his tears as he listened to taehyung speak. it had been his fault that his best friend had lost his brother. he didn't want to show himself in his cat form ever again in front of taehyung anymore.

jimin befriended taehyung because he felt guilty for what he did. it was his fault that seokjin had died and he wanted taehyung to be happy, but he couldn't bring himself to tell taehyung who he was. he didn't have the heart to tell taehyung that he was the calico cat who his brother tried to save.

"but jimin is a cat," jungkook said. "you're best friends. i'm sure you won't despise cats all over again."

jimin was confused. he never told taehyung that he was a cat. he figured that yoongi or jungkook or maybe both of them must have told him.

taehyung pondered for a moment. "i suppose you are right, but i've never seen jimin in his cat form."

jimin's eyes widened and his heart began to beat rapidly. he didn't want taehyung knowing how he looked in his cat form, so he quickly appeared beside taehyung and swooped him away to the back of the animal shelter and kept him busy.

"jimin i know you're a cat." taehyung said while he was currently feeding the goldfish. "but why haven't i've ever seen you in your cat form?"

"i am only in my cat form when i am in the animal kingdom or if i am at home. i also don't feel comfortable being around my cat form with some people." jimin said.

"do you feel comfortable around me?"

jimin pursed his lips together unsure of what to say. it would be uncomfortable if he turned into his cat form in front of taehyung, after all, he is that calico cat who killed seokjin.

"if you don't it's fine. i assume you wanted to keep it secrete, understand if you did. i won't pressure you to change in your cat form unless you want to show me." taehyung said.

you won't understand when you see that i am that calico cat who killed your brother. "thanks for understanding, taehyung. one day when i feel confident enough, i'll let you see my cat form."

taehyung nodded. "okay, i'll wait for that day then."

jimin nodded as well, a forced smiled on his lips as he tried to mask the fear of revealing himself to taehyung. he wasn't ready for when that day would come, but knew that that day would come very soon.

"also, do you remember when i told you about my brother?" taehyung asked. "i had a nightmare of him last night."

"i'm sure the nightmares will go away." jimin assured. "they did before."

"yeah, but, the calico cat who killed my brother, i've never seen it since then. i wonder how it's doing."

i'm not doing great, i live with the guilt everyday that i am the reason that you have lost your brother, jimin wanted to say.

but instead, he just smiled. "i'm sure the calico cat is busy trying to stay out of trouble."