t w e n t y f i v e

the end is approaching so i'll probably be done with this book by the end of the month

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

taehyung got home and found yoongi munching on some cheeseballs except he didn't seem mad this time. taehyung also noticed the frown on yoongi's lips while he continued to eat.

"i'm home," he said.

yoongi turned. "i see,"

taehyung was surprised he was expecting yoongi to react differently.

"are you upset?" he asked.

"why would i be upset when you're spending the day with the person you think is good looking."

"we're just friends."

yoongi nodded. "yeah, i know."

"are you really okay?" taehyung asked.

"totally."

taehyung wasn't very convinced. "yoongi, seriously what's wrong?"

"nothing is wrong," yoongi said with a smile. "everything is fine, i'm just chilling here eating my cheeseballs."

"is it about namjoon?"

"pfft, namjoon? no."

"so it is about namjoon."

"what, i just said that it wasn't about him. i told you everything is fine," yoongi said as he popped another cheeseball into his mouth.

taehyung smiled before walking over to yoongi and sitting beside him on the couch. "yoongi, don't be mad at me. i only have a week left. let's spend whatever time we have left together."

"i know there's only a week left. i wanted to spend the day with you, but you left to hang out with that namjoon guy with the deep dimples."

"i told you, namjoon is just a friend."

"aren't i your friend too?"

taehyung was about to say yes, of course, yoongi is his friend, but after a week, yoongi would go back to being a cat, and taehyung wasn't sure if he'd see him again.

"i'm just a cat in your eyes." yoongi said as he read taehyung's mind. "in a week i'll be gone and you might not ever see me again."

"yoongi-"

"it's okay taehyung, i'm not hurt. it's not like i told you that i loved you more than friends. we're not even friends to begin." yoongi dryly laughed. "what am i even saying at this point. anyways, everything is good, i hope you had a nice date."

taehyung watched as yoongi stood up and headed to the kitchen before he followed behind. "yoongi, namjoon and i are just friends," he said as he ignored the thought that he wished it was a date. "and it doesn't have to be like this, even if we don't see each other after this, let's just spend our last few days together."

"no, it's okay, really. go spend more time with namjoon and i'll go spend time with jimin since he probably feels like a third wheel every time he's around hoseok and jungkook," yoongi said before putting away the rest cheeseballs in the pantry where taehyung always stored them.

"yoongi, why are you being like this?"

"like what?"

"like how you are right now. you're refusing to spend time together and making up excuses." taehyung said.

yoongi sighed. "in a week, i will be back into a cat and you will most likely remain a human. you may not have feelings for me, but i do have feelings for you. we're not supposed to fall in love, but i couldn't help myself. i'm just trying to make this easier for myself."

with that, taehyung watched as yoongi headed to the bedroom, leaving taehyung alone with his thoughts. he wasn't sure if he would be able to handle being without yoongi after a week, but he wanted to spend as much time as he could with him, so that he could at least have some happy last memories with him.

he also thought about confessing, but he thought it would make things harder for both of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"jimin, what happened to jaebeom and jinyoung?" yoongi asked the next day they went to work.

"i told you what happened." jimin said.

yoongi shook his head. "you only told me about jaebeom."

"well, that's because there's nothing to say about jinyoung. he just moved on."

"but he fell in love with jaebeom, they both did, how is it possible for jinyoung to just move on while his lover was hurting?"

"he just accepted it." jimin lied.

"accepted it? how? love is love, you can't help yourself sometimes. if you love someone, you'll do whatever it is to be with him."

"then why aren't you trying to be with taehyung?"

"wha-what?" yoongi was surprised. he quickly turned to make sure that taehyung was busy with jungkook and out of hearing range from them.

"i know you like taehyung." jimin said.

"me? no, i don't. we're not even supposed to fall in love." yoongi tried to lie.

"yoongi," jimin said as he looked at him in the eyes. "you don't have to lie, i know you do."

"are you going to erase my memory?"

jimin shook his head. "no, i don't want to erase your memory either, i'll only have to do it if you ask me to."

"will it be hard for me to move on?" yoongi asked as he looked at jimin with sad eyes.

"that depends on you and how you handle it."

"what about taehyung?"

"what about him?" jimin asked confused.

"he doesn't feel the same way, i do, but will he be okay?" yoongi asked.

jimin nodded. "i'm sure taehyung will be okay. he'll still have me and he has that namjoon guy who he mentioned was attractive."

yoongi frowned at the mention of namjoon's name. he said nothing else about taehyung and went back to talking about jinyoung and jaebeom's love story.

"so jinyoung really just moved on?" he asked.

jimin nodded. "yeah, he did."

"just like that? he didn't feel the same pain that jaebeom felt?"

"well, he did feel the pain of leaving behind someone he loved," jimin admitted. "but he got over it."

"why?"

"why what?"

"why did he just suddenly move on from the love of his life?"

"because, yoongi," jimin said. "there are rules that say that you can't fall in love with taehyung. it'll be hard to move on."

"did jinyoung ask you to erase his memory?" yoongi asked.

"yeah, he did," jimin lied. "that's why he was able to move on and before you can even think about asking me to erase your memory, i want you to spend this last week with taehyung. spending time with him will help you move on from him when it's time."

yoongi looked over in the direction of taehyung and caught him laughing at something jungkook said. he smiled, "okay, i will." he said.