Chapter 1: Where Were We?

PART 1

June 3rd, 2016

................................................................

June 4th, 2016

10:00 A.M.

Camila

After a long day of brooding and tears, my mom and I finally hopped on a plane out to California to meet the rest of the girls. Bringing my mom along everywhere wasn't even a question anymore. It was just difficult now that she knew about Lauren. She tried to ask me what had happened when she found me sobbing in my bedroom, but the last thing I wanted to do was talk about it. I just wanted to try and recover.

So, instead, being the incredible woman that she is, she simply held me and told me that everything was going to be alright; and I knew it was. My heart simply didn't know it yet. It was angry with me for putting it in so much pain, but, like a caring mother, I foresaw what was best for it even though it couldn't see it yet. It didn't understand.

My mom and I arrived late at night on the third and went straight to our room, not wishing to bother anyone or ourselves with the announcement that we were back and I was ready to do my job. I could hold it together for a performance, an interview, an appearance. Then, I would simply return to the hotel and let it all out all over again, until I couldn't anymore. That was my new plan. It was all that I could do for now.

The next morning, I was making my way down to the lobby for breakfast when I ran into the first person from our team. Literally.

"Ow!" we both released simultaneously as I dropped my phone on the ground.

We both bent down to pick it up and ended up knocking heads only to have both of us fall down to the floor along with the small device. Finally, I looked up and met those green eyes that I had impossibly missed after only 24 hours of separation.