Chapter 24: Separate Ways

April 1st, 2017

11:30 P.M.

Camila

It was about time. I had known Ariana for over three years now and I still hadn't gotten the chance to go to a single one of her concerts as her friend (/wife) rather than just a fan. As expected, she had absolutely killed it and my friend Ashlee and I had had a great time. We had just been ushered backstage after the show to say hi to Ariana.

Since I was basically always cooped up in the studio, it was so nice to get out and especially to spend some time with my beloved guitarist. I couldn't wait to start doing more live performances so that Ashlee and I could tour together and tear up the stage. Having her by my side for my solo journey was such a blessing. She was such a blessing. I felt as though she had been placed in my life just at the right time.

However, the most important part about all of this without a doubt was the fact that it was all a distraction from Lauren. It had been just over a week since we had officially cut ties, although it never seemed official since one of us usually ended up giving in. Regardless, I was determined this time, and, based on her tone the last time we spoke, she seemed to be too.

"Mi-mi." Ashlee's voice appeared on my right along with a light nudge, pulling me away from thoughts of the green eyed girl.

"Hi! What's up?" I said, forcing myself to return to reality.

"You ok?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"You just zoned out mad hard."

"Oh. Just...you know...thinking about the show."

"Mhm."

That's when Ashlee gave me that look; the look that let me know she knew exactly who I was thinking about. That was my favorite thing about her though: she never pushed me to talk about it. She simply waited until I was ready and then we would have amazing conversations that left me feeling ten times better. She reminded me of my mother in that way. I was so happy with the new support system that I had.

"Hi!" Ariana beamed.

The gorgeous girl finally appeared, jogging over to me with a big smile and outstretched arms. I smiled at the sight of her, so excited to pull her into me. We met in a giddy embrace and rocked back and forth for a few seconds before pulling away.

"Oh my god.", Ariana grinned as she held my face, "Your hair!"

"I know! I'm a new person!" I returned.

"A twice as hot one! It looks so good!"

"You look so good! You freaking killed it out there!"

"Wow, this is literally two fangirls meeting." Ashlee commented with a chuckle.

"Oh my god, Ash, I'm sorry. Ariana, this is Ashlee."

I watched Ariana move to hug the guitarist by my side. Ashlee immediately started complimenting Ariana on her show and the three of us started gushing about each and every song together.

Ariana was my friend, yes, but she was definitely one of my role models, someone who's level I strived to be at. I couldn't imagine touring the world on my own like her, at least not yet. The truth was, this whole solo career thing was still freaking me out on a daily basis. It was the biggest leap of faith I had ever taken, and I had practically taken it alone. No one had really been there with me since he beginning, except for my mom, of course. Not even Lauren; or rather, especially not Lauren.