Chapter 54: The AMA's

October 9th, 2018

3:45 P.M.

Lauren

"Ready?" Ty asked, reaching his hand out to me.

"Yeah." I said with a small smile.

Ty and I stepped out of the limo and onto the red carpet, flashing lights greeting us immediately. Both of us put on our biggest smiles for the paparazzi as we made our way towards the venue.

Ty and I had been set to attend the 2018 AMA's together for a while now, seeing as he'd be performing and my single had been supposed to come out a few days after

Ty and I had been set to attend the 2018 AMA's together for a while now, seeing as he'd be performing and my single had been supposed to come out a few days after. I had messed up the plan a bit for my team, but they insisted that I still show up to play the supportive girlfriend role.

Luckily, the two of us were actually on decent terms now. Gracie had actually helped kill some of the animosity between us, plus, as always, time helps the healing process. So, having to walk hand in hand with him tonight wasn't the absolute worst thing; the only issue was that Camila would also be attending the event.

We hadn't been at the same event since getting back together, and I was terrified of cameras catching us and causing speculation or even just people asking me about her. So, Ty had made a brilliant suggestion to help calm me down: get a little high.

He and I had smoked a bit together before arriving at the carpet, which was probably also a big factor in helping us get along. We were soon called over to our first interview after snapping a few pictures, so we headed over to start what would turn out to be quite an eventful night.

..............................................................

4:15 P.M.

Camila

R: We got people saying she's already here

R: Just avoid them at all costs ok?

I looked down at my phone one last time before I felt my dad's elbow nudging into me. I flashed him a weak smile and handed him the small device. He placed it in his pocket with his free hand as I locked arms with him and then made sure to smile at me, calming me down a bit.

 He placed it in his pocket with his free hand as I locked arms with him and then made sure to smile at me, calming me down a bit