Chapter 5: No Control

August 17th, 2016

6:00 P.M.

Lauren

It had been a month since Lucy and I had started officially dating, and it couldn't have been going better. I knew how much long distance had sucked in the past, but, for some reason, this time was so different. Maybe it was the fact that our status was solidified, that I was hers and she was mine, or maybe it was simply the fact that Camila was no longer such an obstacle.

Even if still had those uncontrollable, passionate feelings towards the brown eyed girl, our new tour was making it impossible to focus on anything other than that and, when we got the chance, sleeping, of course. Even during our free time, Camila was usually somewhere jamming with the band or talking to her mom. At this point, I barely even saw Camila off stage, and it was definitely making everything easier on me and, hopefully, her.

At this point, there was no way that she didn't know about Lucy and me. Obviously, I hadn't dared talk to her about it, but I had definitely told the other girls and assumed that at least Dinah had informed Camila about it all. Even if they hadn't told her, I was sure she would've figured it out from me constantly leaving to talk on the phone and Skype Lucy whenever I could. I was glad that she had chosen to distance herself instead of confronting me about it. The two of us could definitely use a bit of distance, especially if I really wanted things with Lucy to work out.

"Lauren. There you are." Will's voice appeared behind me.

I turned my body to face him, my back now leaning on the balcony railing. I had been enjoying a quick smoke while I waited for Will to call us back in. Apparently, it was time for another meeting with L.A., and this time they would not rest until Camila was there for it. The rest of us had been waiting around all day for Camila to return from what Will called "an appointment".

"Here I am. Is Camila back?" I responded, extinguishing the cigarette in the ash tray on the railing.

"Nope." he sighed.

"Oh. So what's up?"

"We're just going to have the meeting without her."

"Isn't she the whole point?"

"We'll talk about the point downstairs. Let's go."

"We're seriously just going to let her skip again?"

"Lauren, we'll talk about this downstairs."

Only after muttering some choice words under my breath, I followed Will to one of the hotel conference rooms downstairs. The second I walked in, I realized we were actually two girls short this time.

"Where's Dinah?" I asked as I took a seat next to Ally.

"Still trying to get a hold of Camila." Normani spoke first from Ally's other side at the table.

"Are we going to wait for her or admit that this meeting is just for show?" I directed my question towards Will.

"Excuse me?" Will replied.

"Will, I love you, but what's the point? Why are we even still trying to do this? Is L.A. even here?"

"Yes, he is." a new, yet familiar voice appeared in the doorway.

We all turned to see none other than L.A. Reid escorting Dinah into the room with him, followed by three of our other team members.

"If we're done with the speculations, I'd love for everyone to take a seat so we can get started." L.A. took charge.