Chapter 27: Wandering

May 27th, 2017

10:00 A.M.

Camila

I woke up in yet another hotel room, tangled up in its signature pristine, white sheets. I grinned to myself when I remember that I was in the U.K., but that grin soon faded once I remembered what else that meant: I had spent the night before in the U.K., at an English club, with an English girl.

And I was waking up alone.

I sunk deeper into my bed again and began to reminisce on the night's events...

"You don't have a plan, do you?" Olivia asked.

"How could you tell?" I chuckled, finally stopping in my tracks.

The two of us had left the club about a half hour ago and I still hadn't made up my mind on what the hell I was doing with this girl. We had been walking around hand in hand, presumably going to a destination that I was supposed to lead us to.

"I should've known better than to let an American girl lead me around my own city.", Olivia teased, "Is this where you kill me?"

"Not yet." I winked as I turned to face her.

"So, why are we in an alley? Or, better yet, why have we been sulking around all of the sketchy streets?"

"Wait, do you really think I'm going to hurt you?"

"Camila, I'm not sure what to think, honestly. You kiss me and lead me out of there like some gorgeous seductress and then you proceed to walk around shady areas for a half hour with me. You're rather confusing."

"I'm sorry, I..."

I wasn't even sure how to begin to explain the 'walking through sketchy parts' thing. The truth was, I was hoping that nobody would see me. If I was caught roaming the streets holding hands with a woman, Roger would literally have my head. All hell would break loose.

What would Lauren think?

"I'm just sort of new to this." I chose to say.

"New to what, exactly?" she asked, leaning on the brick wall behind her.

"Just...being single, I guess. It's been a while and I was never really good at it to begin with."

"I must say I'm not shocked."

"Shut up.", I laughed, giving her arm a light shove.

Olivia smiled back at me, a mischievous glint present in those blue eyes of hers. In that moment, I realized how much I loved eyes. They were always the feature that I was the most drawn towards. They just seemed to say so much without saying anything at all.

"You're quite lucky you're beautiful." she practically whispered.

"Yeah?", I grinned, "Why's that?"

"Because...", she said as she took a step closer to me, now lightly caressing my forearm, "It means I can forgive you for making me walk this much...if you just let me take you back to my place."

I licked my lips as I stared back at her, entranced by her words and her accent and her eyes. I had zero game and yet I still had a gorgeous girl asking me to come back to her place with her. Someone up there loved me.

Another burst of courage ran through me as I looked at Olivia and let her words sink in. I took a step impossibly closer to her and held her face in my hands just before pressing my lips up against hers again.