Chapter 2: Oh Captain, My Captain

June 16th, 2016

10:00 A.M.

Dinah

L: Eyyy wanna do me a favor?

D: Does it require a lot of movement?

L: I love your eagerness to help a friend in need

L: I can feel the love

I rolled my eyes and smirked at Lauren's response. Her sarcasm was so annoying, but I loved her for it anyway. Instead of answering, I made my way over to Lauren's room, interested to see what she needed. Surprisingly enough, just as I was about to knock on her door, the green eyed girl opened it. She was holding a box.

"Oh. Hello." she said with a hint of confusion.

"Hi. Were you going to come force me to do your favor?" I smirked.

"Actually, the opposite. I decided against it and was just going to go take care of it myself."

"Why?"

"Mostly because I thought you weren't actually going to help."

"Hey! I can be nice sometimes."

Lauren stared at me, chewing nervously on her bottom lip for a few seconds before holding the box out to me.

"Ok.", she explained, "Then, I changed my mind again. Can you take this to Camila?"

"That's it?", I scoffed, "She's literally two doors down."

"Then it won't be too much of a hassle." she countered, pressing the box into me.

"Lo, why are you having an internal struggle over carrying a box down the hall?", I lowered my voice, "Did something happen with Camila?"

"Ugh, no, not really."

"Not really?"

"Can you just deliver the stupid box? Please?"

"Is this the care package from last night? You didn't give it to her?"

"I forgot."

"How did--"

"For fuck's sake." Lauren interrupted as she disappeared into her room once again, taking the box with her.

I wasn't sure if she wanted me to follow, but the fact that she had left the door open told me that I had the green light. Lauren had been so collected ever since the breakup with Camila, so seeing her in her old state of frustration was a bit unsettling. I had to know what had derailed her. I entered the gloomy girl's room, closing the door behind me.

"So, what's happening? Talk to mama DJ." I asked as I took a seat on her bed.

"Literally nothing. This is so stupid." she huffed as she placed the box on the floor and sat next to me.

"It doesn't seem like nothing."

"Well, what I mean is, it should be nothing."

"Can you just get to the damn point?"

"No. I feel like an idiot. I just don't want to take the stupid box to her anymore, ok?"

"I'll take the damn box but tell me why."

"Ugh, ok! She...she just...she..."

And then, Lauren proceeded to lower her voice to an impossible to hear level, releasing a low grumbling noise that may have sounded like words on another planet.

"Excuse me?" I asked, leaning closer to her.

"She tweeted at Nick yesterday, ok?" she admitted, raising her voice once again.