Chapter 63: Written on the Moon

December 25th, 2018

9:00 P.M.

Lauren

Camila and I held hands while we made our way to the pool in her backyard. I couldn't help but think back to the year before, when Camila and I sat by my pool and I gave her her pearl ring back. Who would've known that we would actually get back together again? I wished that we could wear those rings together again, for the world to see.

We let go of each other's hands when we reached the edge of the pool so that we could sit down and stick our feet in the water. As soon as I sat, I heard a small yelp from Camila and looked up to see her flailing around in an attempt to save her present from falling into the water.

The small gift bag escaped from the brown eyed girl's hands and my reflexes kicked in. I slapped the bag with all of my might, knocking it back onto the cement next to Camila's feet. I looked up at my girlfriend and watched as she placed a hand over her heart, catching her breath.

"Oh my god. I hate myself." she said.

"Stop.", I laughed, "It's ok. It's safe."

"Only because you're weirdly good at everything you do.", she said as she started to sit, "I've been saying this for years."

"I just have good reflexes."

"Remember that time you saved me from getting my teeth knocked out again by those giant beach balls?"

"Yeah.", I laughed, "Those fuckers were still throwing them back at us. I swear, sometimes I really think some Harmonizers were trying to kill us."

"Babe, they weren't going to kill us with beach balls."

"Some people are creative."

Camila giggled, nodding her head from side to side as she stared back at me. She looked absolutely perfect under the Miami moonlight, the reflection of the gently moving water beneath us causing the lighting to dance along her features just right.

I couldn't look away. I could barely do anything but smile back at her, which caused us to fall into one of our famous stare-offs, gazes darting between eyes and lips. I was so unbelievably in love with this woman.

"Presents?" Camila asked softly.

"Yeah." I said, biting my lower lip in excitement.

Camila and I turned away from each other to get our gifts and placed them in our laps. I reached over and scooted hers further into her torso, trying my best to hold back my laughter.

"You should probably keep that as far from the water as possible." I teased.

"Shut up.", she laughed as she placed it next to her again, "Why don't you just go first?"

"No. You go first."

"Why me?"

"Well, why me?"

"Laurennn."

"I'm nervous."

"Why the heck are you nervous?"

"I don't know. I just want you to like it."

"Are you insane? I like everything you give me."

I bit down on my bottom lip again, this time in a more seductive manner, while I scanned Camila's body with my eyes.

"Oh, do you, now?" I rasped.

"I'm taking my damn present." she laughed, reaching over to grab her gift.