Chapter 62: The Good Place

December 4th, 2018

6:00 P.M.

Camila

Our laughter was interrupted by a light knock on the door. My mother and I both turned to face the sound just as the door was opening.

"Do I hear some Cabello women in here?"

I squealed at the sight of the Canadian boy and his bright smile. My feet practically moved on their own, running over to Shawn as he closed the door behind him. I fell into him immediately, wrapping my arms around his torso for a tight hug.

"Hi!" I giggled into his chest.

"Hi!" he returned excitedly as we rocked side to side.

I pulled away from Shawn to see him looking over me at my mother. She approached him with a kind smile, much more reserved than I had, and the two of them also fell into a loving embrace.

"It's so good to see you guys." Shawn said once he released my mom.

"Igualmente. Como esta todo, Shawn (It's good to see you too. How's everything)?" my mother asked.

"Uh..."

Shawn looked over at me momentarily before returning his attention to my mom. I smirked as I watched him get his Spanish together.

"Um, todo esta muy bien (Everything is really good).", he began, "Estoy muy...um...feliz para estar aqui (I'm very...um...happy for be here)."

My mom and I shared an impressed look before chuckling lightly.

"You've been practicing." she said to him.

"Was that good?" he asked.

"Almost perfect." I said.

"Almost?"

"You would probably say 'estoy muy feliz de estar aqui, not para estar aqui.", my mom replied, "But it was still good. It still makes sense."

"You've both taught me well."

The three of us laughed together before I grabbed Shawn's hand and started dragging him further into my dressing room.

"Let's sit and braid each other's hair and talk about our crushes and have pillow fights." I said as I skipped over towards the food table.

"Are you going to get a banana first?" he asked.

"You know me so well."

Shawn laughed as I finally let go of his hand and moved towards the food. I picked up the best banana in the bunch and immediately started to peel the skin off.

"You want me to actually braid your hair?" he grinned.

"Oh my god.", I giggled, "I forget you can actually do that."

"Step into my salon, Ms. Cabello."

Shawn looked around for a place to sit, but seemed to think better of it. Instead, he giggled as he kneeled down on the floor and gestured towards the empty space in front of him.

"It's probably just better to do it here." he said.

"This is so luxurious." I teased.

I took the first bite of my banana as I sat down in front of him, crossing my legs underneath me. Shawn's hands found my hair immediately and he started to get to work. The next thing I knew, my mom was running up to us with her phone, ready to take a picture of the two of us. I laughed and then stuck my tongue out at the camera while she snapped a photo.