Chapter 10: Driving the Wedge

November 15th, 2016

11:00 A.M.

Lauren

I woke up to about a dozen texts from Lucy, wondering where the fuck I had been the night before.

9:00 P.M.

L: Babe

9:30 P.M.

L: Where are you? Call me

10:00 P.M.

L: If you're freaking out please just calm down and call me

What was she talking about? I scrolled down to find more texts in a similar fashion, some telling me that she loved me and that everything was going to be ok. What the fuck had I missed?

I had been so exhausted from the wedding weekend and knew that I would be heading back to work soon to rehearse for the AMA's, so I decided to turn in early that night when I got into L.A. Whatever was going on, I could already tell that I wasn't going to like it. I immediately picked up my phone and gave Lucy a call.

"Um, hello? Where have you been?" her voice appeared after the first ring.

"What happened? What's going on?" I ignored her question, finding it incredibly unimportant in that moment.

"You haven't checked Twitter or Instagram or any fucking social media in the past few hours?"

"Babe, tell me what's happening. You know I suck at social media."

"Pictures from the wedding got leaked."

"What? Erik and Mia's? Where? So?"

"Pictures of us, Lauren."

My mind started racing trying to figure out what they could've taken a picture of. Had they caught Lucy and I stealing quick kisses throughout the party? Why would they care about any couple other than the bride and groom? Who the fuck were 'they'?

"What pictures? Where?" I asked, desperate for more information.

"Verga, te lo voy a mandar ahorita (Fuck, I'm going to send it to you right now)." she replied.

"Ok."

I heard Lucy tapping around on her phone for a few seconds before my phone buzzed in my hand. I put my girlfriend on speaker so that I could look down at the picture.

 I put my girlfriend on speaker so that I could look down at the picture

"Well, shit." I breathed as I stared at the image in my hand.

"Yeah, shit." Lucy mused.

"How the fuck did this happen? Where did you see this?"

"It was all over the internet, babe. Obviously, your fans were freaking the fuck out."

"Oh, God. Oh, God, oh, God."