Chapter 49: Never Be The Same

August 27th, 2018

11:00 P.M.

Lauren

Things were weird as fuck with Ty

Things were weird as fuck with Ty. Since I still hadn't talked to Camila, he and I were still technically on our 'break'. The thing was, we didn't want our teams to flip out yet, so, on social media, we were still the happiest we could possibly be.

It still blew my mind how easy it was to portray a specific image of yourself on social media. The whole concept was toxic, but was also helping me out a lot right now. I knew that most of my fans would probably rejoice if they found out Ty and I were having issues, which was fucked up, but it was what it was. I didn't need that kind of reaction right now.

Especially because now, I was standing in front of Camila's door, staring at the wooden surface in front of me like it was the last thing I'd ever see. I had been doing this for a solid two minutes because I knew that the second I knocked on that door, everything would change. I wasn't sure exactly how it would turn out yet, but I knew that shit was about to go down.

It had been almost 2 weeks since Camila told me that she wanted to talk to me in person. The wait had been agonizing, but August had been proving to be a busy month for both of us. We genuinely hadn't had time to meet up until now, at 11 o' clock at night on a Monday. Camila even had to get up early to catch a flight to Detroit for the next show on Taylor's Reputation tour, but it was now or never.

After another minute or so of trying to slow my heartbeat, I finally reached forward and knocked on the door. Five seconds later, I watched the doorknob start to turn on its own.

..............................................................

Camila

The second I caught sight of those green eyes, I could barely speak. It felt like it had been a lifetime since I last gazed into them. Lauren and I locked eyes for what seemed like an eternity before a bashful smile started to creep up on her face.

"Hi." she said, blushing.

"Hi." I managed, my hand still carefully placed on the doorknob.

She looked down towards my hand expectantly and that's when I snapped out of it and opened the door further.

"Welcome to my humble abode." I said lamely, gesturing for her to come in.

Lauren laughed lightly as she crossed the threshold. I rolled my eyes the second she walked past me, internally cursing myself for my awkwardness. Once I closed the door, I spun around to face the green eyed girl.

"Do you want water or anything?" I asked.

The second the words left my mouth, they felt too formal, too cold. I suddenly had no idea what to do with my hands or how to even stand properly. Just when all of my insecurities were starting to devour my brain, Lauren stepped forward and did something completely unexpected.