Chapter 52: The Calm Before The Storm

September 19th, 2018

3:00 P.M.

Lauren

Our eyes met the second I walked into the room. I really couldn't stand the way he looked at me anymore; like I had just ripped his heart out of his chest and thrown it out the window. I think I mostly couldn't stand it because I knew that it was true.

"Hey." I said as I approached Ty, my manager, Dan, and Tara.

"Hey." he returned half-heartedly.

I was pretty sure that everyone else had greeted me, too, but all I could hear was his defeated tone of voice. I simply smiled weakly at the other two.

"How are you on this fine Wednesday afternoon, Lauren?" Dan asked.

"I'm don't think I can fully answer that until I know why we're here." I said honestly.

I looked over to see Ty rolling his eyes.

"What?" I spat.

"What?" he shrugged.

"Why are you rolling your eyes at me?"

"He just asked a simple question, Lo. Is it that hard to just say 'fine'?"

"Is it that hard to not be an asshole?"

"Ok, stop.", Dan's voice appeared again, "We definitely didn't bring you both here to fight."

I returned my attention to Dan, unable to even look at Ty anymore. Things seemed to be getting worse with us. I thought that we would be able to do all of this with our biggest problem being leftover feelings, but I was dead wrong. We were finding new things to be mad at each other for every other day.

After the whole 'arresting' thing, we had reunited to show up to Teen Vogue's Body Party, an event our teams had agreed we'd show up to together. The night had turned out to be a disaster anytime we weren't around cameras, mostly because Ty decided to get a little...handsy during one of our photoshoots.

handsy during one of our photoshoots

"It's force of habit, Lo. Chill the fuck out. You know I wouldn't do that shit."

I wanted to believe him, but, at the same time, it seemed like he was doing anything to piss me off at this point. I didn't really blame him, but I just hated what we were becoming. Was this going to be another Lucy situation?

"So, what's up, then?" I asked Dan, trying to get out of there as soon as possible.

"We've...we may have a solution to this problem." Dan responded.

"Are you breaking us up?" I asked.

"You'd like that wouldn't you?" Ty chimed in.

"Wouldn't you?" I snapped, turning my attention to him.

"I don't really have much of a choice."

"I don't even-"

"Guys!" Tara interrupted our bickering.