Chapter 29: Through the Fire

June 13th, 2017

1:00 P.M.

Lauren

I woke up with a nice hangover and a few texts, thankfully none from any unwanted ex girlfriends. The first message I saw was from Ty, unsurprisingly.

T: Morning baby😘 L.A.'s missin you boo come back soon

I smiled at his sweet text. Fuck Lucy. I was getting closer to being happy every day. So what if I had a moment of weakness? It's not like I had been harassing Camila every day or something. I started to think that the universe had saved me from calling Camila for a reason.

I quickly answered Ty's text before checking the rest of my messages, one of them being from one of my favorite people in the world, Dinah Jane Hansen.

Dinah had definitely meant it when she said she would get over me and Ty being together. Not only had she started to move on, but she was actually becoming a huge supporter of us. Her constant positive energy and encouragement made me feel so much better about everything. Though I sort of hated that I even needed reassurance to be with him.

D: Hiiiii bb call me when you can🤗🤗

I could definitely use a friendly voice after the previous night's shenanigans, so I immediately sat up and called the Polynesian girl, my head only throbbing a little bit when I did so.

"Heyo." Dinah answered.

"Hi, love." I rasped, my voice cracking a bit.

"Did you have a fun night?" she teased.

"Oh yeah. Loads of fun. Some shit went down, actually, but how are you?"

"Did this shit involve Lucy?"

I froze. My eyes darted around my room, as if Dinah was going to pop out any second.

"How the fuck did you know that?" I asked.

"Well...I figured your shit usually has to do with Lucy or Camila so I had a 50/50 shot." she explained.

"...I don't believe you."

"What do you mean you don't believe me?" she scoffed.

"That's fucking weird, Dinah. Are you psychic or some shit? I haven't been talking to either of them so how did you guess something I wasn't even anticipating?"

"Bitch, sorry I'm good at guessing, damn. Just tell me what happened. My 'psychic' skills only go so far."

"You're wild."

"I know."

"Do I have to talk about it now? My head hurts."

"Take some Advil and get over it. I want juice."

"You're sympathy is endearing."

"Mhm."

"Alright, hold on. Stupid."

I set the phone down and carefully reached over to my night desk to grab my glass of water and the small bottle of Advil pills that I knew I would need that morning. I downed two of the pills before returning my attention to Dinah and telling her a slightly watered down version of the truth.

"So, I accidentally called Lucy last night." I began, leaving Camila out of it, as usual.

"And how in the world did this happen?" Dinah asked.

"I was drunk." I laughed.

"With who?"

"Myself."