Chapter 8 (Yin)

Weeks flew by. 5 months until we graduated and I was separated from Yang. I dreaded yet ignored this reality, choosing to continue in my bubble of happiness like it was a dream. Cherishing the moments for soon it'll all be just memories.

Yang had become slightly touchy after the hug as he pats me more often, leans on me when he's tired and gives random hugs when he feels like it. He once carried me and spun me around due to his happiness after passing his exams.

I never initiate anything for fear he might reject it or feel awkward but a part of me wants to. Maybe even do more?

I blush at my thoughts and my hands tremble causing me to mess up the highlight line I was drawing on my book.

I breathe deeply and peek up from my book to see Yang still reading his text book as we sat in the living room, studying as exams were coming soon.

He didn't seem to notice my sudden blunder as I keep my face down to hide the blush and continue my work, grabbing a cookie from the plate on the table distractedly.

I mean it was normal I'd want to do more with Yang, right? I was in love with him. Girls in love usually wanted to touch, hug and maybe even kiss the target of their affection.

Yang happened to be handsome with a good body too. Smooth skin, a good build with minimal body fat but he wasn't overly muscular like professional bodybuilders. He would fit right in when he stood next to famous boy bands.

In short, he was dreamy and if other women would think of such... forward thoughts when faced with a man like him then what about me who saw him everyday plus loved him from the bottom of my heart.

Oh god. When have my thoughts turned so corrupt? I have to make sure not to think of such things in public or in front of him since I blush too easily.

I concentrated on my work, earnestly trying to study while finishing my cookie and for a while it worked until I changed to another subject and brought out the hand out which Gavin gave me.

Speaking of Gavin, he's been acting strange since that time with the hug (I blush just thinking about it). We started hanging out after the pizza get together to the point that some people assumed we were an item which I denied. Gavin was a little rough but he was easy to talk to and we seem to never run out of things to discuss though I only saw him as a friend. The strange part was how he'd sometimes ask questions about Yang or bring up rumors he'd hear from others about him.

Like this one time after class and we were walking to the bus station...

"Yang graduated from our high school, right?" he suddenly said which caught me off guard but I nodded nonetheless. As our school was an escalator school, Yang had been going there since his 1st grade in elementary.

"I heard from someone that when he went from high school to college, he changed. He stopped talking to a lot of his high school friends and he even publicly ridiculed many of them"

My eyebrows raise in alarm, unable to comprehend that Yang would do such a thing, "You might've heard wrong. Yang isn't like that"

He was silent then said thoughtfully, "Maybe"

He went on from then saying that how even though Yang had many admirers, he never dated. How even if he had so many friends, they know very little of him personally. There were also some rumors that whenever he finds out a girl likes him, he'll ask others to pursue them instead.

Of course I always rebut him on this. Maybe Yang was saving himself for marriage, maybe he just wanted to keep his privacy and maybe that was just what the girls said to spite him. For the others, I say they're just complete nonsense.

There was also one time I got mad at him when he told me a rumor that Yang threatened someone for an unknown reason.

Yang was so cheerful and nice. He'd never do those things. I can't even imagine him cheating on a test.

Gavin might be too engrossed in this. As if he was telling me that Yang was a bad, 2-faced person.

I trusted Yang but I was also concerned that this would go on unless I stopped it once and for all.

"Yang, can I invite a friend over?" I asked, looking up from my work.

Gavin had told me he wanted to talk to Yang again but I always said no for fear that he'll be rude or Yang would get upset. Despite how much he seemed to want to talk to Yang, Gavin didn't meet with us at the bus station anymore. I had asked him about this a few times but he always diverts the conversation.

I'll make sure he doesn't ask anything strange when they talk and that he'll drop this subject altogether after he finds out the rumors he heard were all false.

"Who?" his eyes continued to trail over his book.

"You've met him before, my classmate Gavin"

His eyes looked up to me, "You never mentioned that you were still hanging out with him"

That's because he keeps saying weird things about you. There was nothing I could have shared that wouldn't make things awkward.

"We do but not often. Can he?"

Yang paused. His eyes stared at me until I started to squirm under his gaze.

I expected him to agree since it was just a visit from a classmate and I doubt Gavin'll stay long.

"No"

What? Did I mishear? "No?"

"I won't allow it"

My eyebrows disappeared under my straight bangs. I was also confused, "Why?"

He turned to his book, "Why do you need to invite him?"

"He-" 'wants to talk to you' but I cut myself off. Isn't it strange to have Gavin request to talk to Yang when they don't even know each other? Yang would disapprove on the spot, "For school work" I lie quickly.

"You can do so at school, not here"

"But-"

He looked at me sharply, making me stiffen but I held my ground, "You will not bring him here and that's final, Yin" then he closed his book, got up and climbed upstairs.