Chapter 29 (Yin)

The kisses became a frequent thing. There were pecks to ones that blew my mind and reason away but Yang never went far, always releasing me before things become too heated.

Yang remained unyielding, I could do nothing but bow down and commit myself to listening to him. I stopped talking when his friends were around, smiling, being polite and rejecting their invitations gently. I didn't go out with my friends unless it was for school since it upset him and I wasn't allowed overnight for any reason.

I also committed myself to asking less questions.

"I heard you were partnered with a male classmate for your history class" he said offhandedly during dinner.

I stopped, not even surprised he knew since he somehow knows all the comings and goings in my class.

I was shocked at 1st and frightened but my mind adjusted to it. Just like how I adjusted to everything else. For example, how he got Gavin expelled.

"Your class ended early today but you didn't text me immediately when you got out. Why?" Yang asked casually.

I stopped my spoon and fork in mid air, staring at him, wide eyed, "How did you know that?"

"Answer the question" he said without a change in expression.

I was bewildered but answered honestly, "I had a meeting with my group mates for our geography report. I texted you after we finished"

He nodded, "Text me 1st when your class ends regardless of anything you need to do"

I felt apprehensive. It wasn't that his request was offensive or difficult but I disliked how controlling he was, "Why?"

He stared at me then smiled, "I'm concerned for you, Yin. Is that not okay?"

My anger was quickly washed away, I was touched at his care, "No, it's okay"

We continued dinner as I felt my heart flutter.

  -~*~*~*~-  

Yang handed me a plastic bag when he came home late. I accepted the bag curiously and opened it where there was stomach medicine inside.

Shocked, I turned to him as he walked upstairs to change

"How did you know?" I asked in wonder.

He looked back and smiled mysteriously then continued on his way.

I felt giddy from his concern, ignoring the fact that he somehow knew that I had to go to the nurse's office during my last class due to a stomach ache.

  -~*~*~*~-  

At this point, I knew Yang was watching over me even in class. Although it was discomforting at 1st, it made me feel secure soon after as it felt like he was my invisible guardian.

"There's someone in the next classroom. John Henry. Keep your distance from him"

I tore my eyes from my book to look at him beside me, his eyes not leaving his own school work.

I stopped asking him how he knows and normally, I headed his advice but John was Nina's friend and he was nice.

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"I don't trust him. He's suspicious" he said shortly.

I was a bit peeved, I've had lunch with John a few times and I know he didn't have any ulterior motives for becoming friends with me. He was also a nice upright person.

"I want to stay friends with him" I say determined.

Yang eyes me serenely, "Are you disobeying me?"

I falter, Yang looked calm but I had a foreboding that he would explode at any second, I didn't want to push him but I wanted to keep the little amount of friends I have, "I-"

"I understand" he said cutting me off, he reached over and smoothly ran his hand over my head. For a moment, I thought my determination had reached him and he was going to approve of my friendship, "I'll have him expelled tomorrow"

I flinched in shocked, "What? Yang, what are you talking about? You can't do that"

He smiled brightly, continuing to smoothen my hair languidly, "But I can, Yin. I don't want him hanging around you"

I struggled to form words, somehow believing he can really have someone expelled on a whim. I was terrified.

A memory pops up as I recall someone in the past, my fear and disbelief increasing, "Did you get Gavin expelled?"

His smile widened, "Yes, I did"

I knew it was odd for the school to decide to do something so drastic for something so small. Yang had a hand behind it.

I couldn't speak, staring at him blankly as he continued to smile. I never knew that his care and protection stretched to even having innocent people's lives ruined. How much did he see? How much of the school did he control? What else had he done without my knowledge? The last question only terrified me more.

He continued to look at me with a smile, "Will you continue to be friends with John?"

I felt a cold sweat run through my back, my resolve crushed to dust, "Will you still have him expelled if I agree?"

"That depends"

"Depends on what?"

"If you kiss me, I'll think about leaving him alone" he teased lightheartedly.

My mind was unable to process his teasing, still reeling from learning how ruthless he can be to someone he didn't even know personally. He would make someone suffer without even batting an eyelash.

When I finally understood I blushed, conflicted but unable to refuse, "Okay" I say as I shift towards him.

Yang kept true to his words and didn't get John expelled but I stopped talking to him completely.

It was the 1st time I tacitly understood that as long as I obeyed Yang, I wouldn't get hurt and nobody else had to be implicated too.

"Yes" I answered robotically, waiting for his judgement.

"I'm told he's not very responsible and has a bad reputation. Tell your professor to have your partner changed with someone else"

"I understand" I nod and he smiles at me before resuming to eat.