Chapter 30 (Yin)

When I lay down on my bed, I look up at my ceiling blankly. My thoughts running far and deep as I recalled everything that has happened until now. Coming to an undeniable conclusion.

This' wrong.

My life is now controlled by Yang. I can't make friends, go out, talk to anyone he deems suspicious, and I'm watched almost 24/7 by someone I don't even know.

When I once hinted to my friends that I may be in trouble, Yang got angry at me when I went home. He didn't hurt me but he threatened me with the tape. Even showing me the clip on his laptop on repeat.

"Do you want our parents to see this, Yin? Do you want them to know how lewd a daughter they were raising and taking care of?" he asked with his sunshine smile as he sat me down in front of his laptop where I could clearly see myself moaning and begging for him on the sofa.

I felt sick, getting dizzy from embarrassment and shame. Forced to watch the clip over and over where in one click, my life would be ruined. The mouse was hovered over the send button with both our parents email addresses. I didn't dare move as if it would send the clip to them if I did, I could barely breathe.

"That you stayed behind to seduce their son and ruin his future"

"That's not true!" I yelled in fury, tears streaming down my face as I looked at the smile on his.

The video continued to play as I felt my heart being ripped into pieces.

His hand hovered over the mouse, I stiffened in fear, "Will you tell anyone again?"

I shook my head rapidly, "No"

"Do you promise me?"

"I promise" then he kissed me senseless.

I've had thoughts of escape. I'd gotten to the point that I was already packing and planning to hide away with my mother's relatives in a faraway city.

But each time, I'll go downstairs to what I thought was the last dinner I have with him and each time I would lose my nerve.

I eat my dinner in silence, too preoccupied with my thoughts to make any conversation. My mind ran through how I would tell Yang I wasn't feeling well and would sleep early. How I'll sneak out when all the lights are off, walking out the door and never looking back with my backpack filled with clothes and other minor necessities swung on my back. I'll ride the last train to B city and I'll call my mom that I wanted to stay at a relative's house and needed their address.

By then I'll be free, Yang would never know where to find me and if I'm not here, he can't threaten me with the tapes since I'll just ignore all his calls and messages.

My plan had holes in it but I was desperate to get away.

Yang had noticed my unnatural air and was concerned, "Is something wrong, Yin? Do you feel sick?"

I look at him dazed, "I'm fine. Just a little tired. I'll be fine when I get some sleep" I lie with a small smile.

Yang doesn't speak, the concern still evident on his face. I look down when he didn't reply, concentrating on my food.

My thoughts turn to Yang. What would he do when he finds out I'm gone? Will he get angry? Will he search for me?

The image of him running around helplessly as he desperately tries to find me appears and I shake it off. That image won't come true. He'll search sure but eventually he'll tire of me and give up. He'll move on and forget me while I'll be a thousand miles from him, moving on too. Maybe he'll finally start pursuing the mystery girl.