Prologue

Note: 'slanted' text is thoughts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Izuku Midoriya learned at the age of four that not all man are created equal. This was a lesson he learned along side his best friend, Izumina Kimino.

....

"Leave him alone Kacchan," yelled a young Izuku at the ash-blonde boy across from him.

"What're you gonna do about it? Deku," the boy asked back, a smirk present on his face as tiny explosions popped in the palms of his hands.

The young, green haired boy stared up at his friend, tears welling in his eyes as the boy behind him made a run for it, thankful that someone intervened, but to scared to stick around.

"Aww he got away," muttered a young Katsuki, who had an evil smirk spreading across his face, referring to the boy who had just run away. "What a coward! Guess I'll just have to give you a lesson for letting him go," Katsuki said while punching his fist against his other hand.

Izuku stood in the school playground, shaking with fear. He held his tiny fists out in front of him. "I-I'm not a-afraid o-of you K-ka-acchan," he stuttered, keeping his firsts clenched and his eyes shut tight.

Katsuki took a steep towards Izuku, but not before a young girl, about their age, sprinted in front of him, her arms outstretched, to cover the scared Izuku behind her.

"Leave him alone Katsuki," the brunette girl stated, while glaring daggers at the ash-blonde boy she had once called her friend.

"I-Izumi?" Katsuki questioned the girl in front of him, using her nickname.

She kept her eyes locked with his. "I thought you two were friends."

"Tch," The boy clicked his tongue. "Me and this loser? Please, you gotta be kidding me," he spat at the girl.

"We were all friends, but I guess you changed after getting your quirk," the girl said with sorrow evident in her voice.

"Hmf," was all Katsuki could respond, while averting his gaze from the girl.

"If you don't want to be friends with me and Izuku anymore then that's fine, but don't think that gives you the right to bully other people. People who haven't developed their quirks yet," Izumina retorted.

She turned towards the wide-eyed Izuku behind her and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Let's go somewhere else, Izuku," she said while flashing a closed eye smile at the boy. Izuku looked over at Katsuki once more before turning his gaze back towards Izumina and nodding slowly, making extra sure that he kept a straight face and held back his tears.

Izuku and Izumina walked away from Katsuki and his squad of bully's, who were the kids from preschool who had already developed their quirks.

Katsuki stared at the backs of his two best friends walking away from him, his hand slightly outstretched towards them.

He looked down at the ground with tears in his eyes, before clenching his fist and yelling, "Whatever! It's not like I would want to hangout with you quirkless losers anyways!" He turned towards the other quirked kids and walked past them "let's go guys," he muttered while stomping away from the people he used to call his friends.

'It's not like I needed them anyways'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Note:
Hope you all like the story so far.
We all know the nicknames between 'Deku' and 'Kacchan' so I decided to give Izumina a nickname like that too. At first I was going to give her the nickname Zumina but I decided 'Izumi' would be better. Small change to the original story but figure I'd point it out for later chapters.
Thanks for reading
- Author