Chapter 5: Coming Home

Fleur-de-Lis sat with Izumina until Charles came to get them.

"So," Fleur-de-Lis asked. "What's the plan?"

Charles straightened his tie before responding, "We're sending her home."

"What?" The Hero and Izumina questioned in unison.

"Her father," Charles explained. "He lives in Japan, and said he'd be happy to have Izumina back. Apparently the Mom ran off four years ago, and took the girl with her."

Izumina shivered slightly, as she remembered life when she lived with her father. The last thing her mother said to her before they left. "Don't ever talk to that man again"

She shuffled closer to the Hero and gripped the fabric of his cape. Fleur-de-Lis glanced down at the girl and noticed her hesitance.

"Do we know why the mother took off? Maybe there was a reason?" Fleur-de-Lis asked.

"The Father's name is Nakiro Kimino. He's a wealthy scientist. No criminal record, and no known drugs or smoking habits. Frankly, he's an ideal guardian," Charles responded. He crouched down to Izumina's level before speaking again. "Don't worry. Your Dad misses you so much. We'll make sure you're settled as soon as possible."

Izumina nodded, then turned her attention towards the Hero next to her.

"I'll be there too, so you have nothing to worry about." Fleur-de-Lis spoke.

Hearing that eased Izumina's nerves.

Charles held up three plane tickets and smiled sympathetically. "Shall we go then? I got a guy packing up your belongings now."

Izumina nodded once more before following the social worker out of the hospital. Hand in hand with the Hero who had comforted her.

They got into a taxi and drove to the airport. The three waited a few minutes before boarding a flight back to Japan. On the way Fleur-de-Lis changed out of his hero costume and into a formal suit. Now, with his mask still covering his face, the Hero sat on a plane. Next to him, Izumina stared out the window at the white clouds passing by.

When the plane landed Charles lead them towards the baggage area. He picked up a large black suitcase filled with Izumina's belongings, that had been packed and sent on the plane by one of his colleagues. They walked outside and Charles waved over a taxi. He showed the driver a slip of paper, with Izumina's Father's address on it, before popping the trunk and placing the suitcase down. Izumina, Fleur-de-Lis, and Charles all crowded into the back seat of the cab and drove off.

A half hour later the taxi pulled into the driveway of a small house. The house had a spruce wood door that matched the garage's. A small stone pathway, that lead up to the porch, connecting the driveway to the house. There was also a small garden of flowers and bushes on the lawn, with a single sakura blossom tree decorating its center. The house was located across the street from a series of apartment complexes, the same apartment building Izuku used to live in. Izumina wondered if her friend still lived there as she got out of the car and followed Charles up the steps of the house.

Charles knocked on the door a few times before taking a step back and waiting for someone inside to open it. After a couple seconds, shuffling was heard behind the door. Nakiro, or rather Izumina's father, opened the door, wearing a casual dress shirt and khakis. He smiled and greeted the Hero and social worker with a quick hand shake. His eyes softened as he noticed Izumina standing behind the Hero.

He crouched down and stared in awe at the young girl he thought he'd never see again. Completely bewildered. She was beautiful, a precious treasure. How he'd missed her.