Chapter 4: Away From Home (cont.)

"Mommy!"

Izumina shouted as she landed harshly on the cement of the sidewalk.

A woman spoke through a television in a store window. "The villain known as Destructo, who has been rampaging along downtown, has just been apprehended by the pro hero known as Fleur De Lis. Authorities are taking him into custody now."

With that being said the crowds began to die down. The cars slowly drove away from the scene, and pedestrians made their ways back into shops or towards their homes. Not many people had realized there was a woman lying unconscious in the middle of the road.

As the crowds along the sidewalk, and traffic began to dissipate, Izumina was the only one to notice the woman.

"Mommy!" She cried out as she ran towards the woman's body.

There were no cars on the road now, aside from the few that had been crushed by debris. People along the sidewalk turned their heads towards the little girl, finally realizing the situation.

Izumina collapsed next to her mother's figure. There was blood dripping from the wound on Miyuna's abdomen.

Izumina began to apply pressure to the injury as she cried out to the people watching nearby.

"SOMEBODY HELP ME!"

The boy from the ice cream parlour came outside and ran towards the woman's unconscious figure.

"Oh my god!" He gasped when he saw the woman's wounded stature. She had her eyes closed. The gash on her forehead was dripping blood down her face, and she lay in a puddle of red liquid. With an impact injury from that truck, she was bound to have multiple fractures, broken bones, not to mention the visible gash on her stomach.

"I'll call an ambulance!" The boy stated while fumbling to pull his phone from his pocket.

"Please hurry!" Izumina shouted back. She hadn't meant to yell at the teenager, but in that moment the only thing allowing her to hold her mother's wound was the adrenaline pumping through her veins.

"Hello?! I'm calling to report an injury from the villain attack. I need an ambulance right away!"

With that the boy put his phone back into his pocket and stepped closer to Izumina.

"The paramedics will be here soon. They said to continue applying pressure to the gash, and to start CPR."

Izumina nodded, and pressed on her mother's stomach harder.

"My names Chase by the way. I recognize you and your mom from earlier. This must be really scary for you. Just hang on till the ambulance gets here."

Izumina looked up at the curly haired boy through teary eyes. Then nodded and placed her attention back on her mother's figure.

Chase took a breath before moving across from Izumina. He kneeled down next to Miyuna's body, and placed his balled up hands over Miyuna's chest.

"I'm going to starts giving her compressions now," he explained to Izumina, who nodded in response.

Chase began pushing against Miyuna's chest, which caused blood to gush from the wound on Miyuna's side. This caused Izumina to gasp slightly and loosen her grip on the injury.

"Hey!" Chase said, startling Izumina and getting her attention.

"I'm sure everything will be fine, but you have to keep putting pressure on that wound." He paused for a second, thinking of ways to calm down the little girl, before continuing. "Why don't we sing staying alive? You know that song?" Chase asked hopefully.