Chapter 12: Helpless

In his civilian form, All Might ran towards the smoke billowing over the rooftops of downtown buildings. As he got closer to the scene he began to hear the screaming of people as they ran away from something. He turned a corner and passed a sign that said Tatooin Shopping District in big colourful letters. He kept running.

Nearby, shoppers and other innocent citizens ran and ducked for cover as fires raged throughout the street and surrounding buildings.

Screams echoed as people fled the area. Mothers carried their children in their arms and couples held hands as they frantically ran for cover. Windows shattered from the heat of the flames engulfing the buildings and rained over the cement sidewalks below.

It was absolute chaos.

"It's a monster," someone exclaimed as they ran down the street and past the heroes coming to help. Backdraft, Death Arms, and other pros, who'd fought the villain on the overpass earlier that day, stopped running as they arrived and took in the scene before them.

In the square, on the street, green liquid contorted and swirled in monstrous motions. The sludge man huffed as an ash blonde boy struggled within his grasp. The boy squirmed and fought but the goo had him trapped, he was stuck.

"A child was taken hostage," The pro hero Death Arms exclaimed as he punched his knuckles together and ran towards the villain. "You coward," He roared as he jumped into action, with his fist wound up, and punched the villain in what looked to be a gooey abdomen. His punch, which seemed to be quite powerful, had no effect on the villain, who smiled menacingly as the hero's hand began to sink into his body. "What is this?" Death Arms grunted as his hand slipped further into the green liquid. "I can't grab hold!"

Death Arms' eyes widened as he used his other hand to try and push himself away from the villain. However, his hand was stuck. It had been absorbed.

The sludge villain raised his liquid fist and swatted the hero back. Death Arms tried to block the blow by crossing his free arm across his chest but was knocked back nonetheless. He landed with a thud against a garage door, leaving a dent from where his back had hit it.

"Death Arms," another hero yelled in concern for his comrade. "Crap," The same hero gasped as the sludge villain's arms shot towards him, and knocks him back too. Black smoke billowed up from the ground where the monster had hit.

Villain retracted his arm and screamed, "Don't come near me!"

Bakugou grunted as he broke free from the villain's grasp by just a little bit. He screamed, "I won't let sewage like this swallow me," before pulling himself away from the villain even more. The skin of his arms and shoulders could now be seen as Bakugou broke free by just a little bit more.

The sewage, noticing Bakugou's struggle, wrapped around his hands even tighter and began to take form as an outer shell like bind. The villain's form morphed around Bakugou's body and created two creepy green fists overtop of his. Explosions, created by Bakugou formed in the villain's hands.

Bakugou glanced down at his hands and noticed the sludge-like appearance of them. The villain was trying to take over his form, his body.

"You little--" Bakugou let loose massive explosions within the villain's body. Heroes covered their faces as wind and smoke, created by his quirk, billowed their way.

"What power," the villain exclaimed as he enveloped Bakugou's arms little by little "I've hit the jackpot!" The sludge's face contorted as he smiled evilly. "With this quirk and power, I can get revenge on that guy!" The villain, referring to All Might, began to grow bigger, invoking tendrils of sludge from his body.