Chapter 21: The Boy With The Scar

The drawing above is mine. Just something fun I drew to practice anatomy and quirks, which turned out better than expected. Anyways, hope y'all enjoy the chapter ❤️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The days of life at Aldera High came to a close, and before Izumina knew it, she was setting off to her first day as a student of U.A. High. As she awoke on that crisp April morning, she was greeted by the chirping of birds outside her bedroom. Izumina sat up and rubbed her eyes as a beautiful robin swooped down to perch outside her window sill. Smiling, Izumina took the presence of the bird as a good omen and got dressed.

The uniform was comfortable and rather "classy," Izumina thought as she twirled in front of her vanity mirror. She'd never been one to wear skirts regularly so she stood with a pair of black leggings underneath the skirt's dark green fabric. She hoped she wouldn't be the only girl to have worn pants.

Izumina, having just freshened up in the bathroom, grabbed her backpack. Hastening to unplug her phone from the wall outlet, she stuffed the device into the uniform's jacket pocket. As she carefully wrapped her charger, her eyes landed on a yellow pin resting on her desk, next to the violin her father had gifted her on her last birthday.

Izumina cursed as she tucked the charger into her backpack and stepped towards her desk. Reaching over the violin, which hung on the back of her chair in a purple case, Izumina seized the pin and eyed it methodically. She knew at that moment; remembering to fasten the pin to her tie every morning would be a significant annoyance.

Throwing the strap of the backpack over her shoulders and seizing the pin, Izumina set off to her kitchen. She teleported and rematerialized downstairs just in time to grab a granola bar and put on her shoes. Izumina fiddled with her tie, in an attempt to fasten the yellow pin to its knot, as she opened her front door.

Taking a moment to breathe in the morning air, Izumina strolled down her driveway and walked to Izuku's apartment complex. For once she wanted to take the old fashioned way of transportation, rather than teleportation. Izumina savoured every last bit of her surroundings, from the colourful cars to the flower beds in her neighbour's front yards. The robin, "The same one as before," Izumina was sure, swooped overhead and into the distance as she arrived at Izuku's door.

Before she could knock, the boy himself opened the door. Izuku smiled at Izumina as he stepped out of the home. Izumina waved at his mother as Izuku said, "Well, we're off," and gestured for Izumina to follow him.

Neither one of the teens could contain their excitement as they bounced merrily towards their new school. They made conversation, with topics such as famous heroes who had attended U.A. in the past, as they made their way to said school. Izumina halted the conversation only once to poke fun at how short Izuku had made his tie. "It's unique," Izumina assured him when he tried to re-tie it. "There's no need to change it. I think it looks cool just the way it is."

"There's no need to make fun of me, Izumi," Izuku pouted jokingly. "I never learned how to tie it any other way."

Izumina smiled. "I'm sorry, Izu. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I only pointed it out 'cuz I thought it suited you."

"Yeah, yeah," Izuku brushed off the compliment as he elbowed Izumina in the ribs. Izumina jumped to the side as she let out an involuntary yelp. Both she and Izuku stopped mid-stride for a moment, before making eye contact and bursting into uncontrollable laughter. Once they had composed themselves, Izumina took to the front and turned to face Izuku, continuing to walk backwards. "Umm, Izumi," Izuku stated. "Maybe you shouldn't walk backwards. I mean you're pretty clumsy. You might trip."

"Oh no," Izumina exclaimed, adding dramatic inflections to the word 'oh.' "You tasered me in the ribs! I'm not letting you out of my sight!"

Izuku laughed. "Technically I only elbowed you. It's not my fault you're so sensitive."