Chapter 8: A Sleepless Night

WARNING: There is a little swearing added into dialogue to keep Katsuki in character. Please keep this in mind for future chapters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Izumina walked inside her house and placed her backpack down on the hardwood floor. It was sweet of Katsuki to walk her home, she thought. Catching up with him was a true blessing for her. As she made her way to the kitchen she noticed something odd, her father wasn't home.

On most days he would be working late at the office, however he had told Izumina that he would be home early the night before. Izumina shrugged it off and teleported up to her bedroom, her house was one of the few places she was free to use her quirk as she pleased. The feeling of teleporting was exhilarating and made her feel alive, she honestly wished she used it more often. She used her ability in modesty though, as to not make Izuku feel bad.

Over the past year she had practiced the use of her quirk on many occasions. So far it seemed that her ability to teleport would only allow her to get to a place she was very familiar with, or places within her visual spectrum, anywhere within her sight range and peripheral vision. Mostly she used her power to get to the upper and lower levels of her house, or to Izuku's home when she was running late in the mornings. She'd practice using it when nobody else was around, not to any extremes but on a regular basis. For instance to get milk from the fridge, turn off her bedroom lights then get under her covers quickly, etc.

When she rematerialized in her bedroom she felt... strange. Her head felt heavy, her knees felt shaky, and she grew dizzy with each breath, which gave her the sudden urge to sit down. Seeing as she had no homework that day she succumbed to the feeling and lay down on her bed. As soon as her head hit the pillow she started drifting off to sleep, but as she did so her vision blurred and she noticed as a shadowy figure leaned over, and hovered above her. This startled Izumina and she began to panic, but she was too tired to fight her drowsiness. She begrudgingly fell asleep, and became a prisoner to the darkness of her room.

Izumina was knocked out cold; however, she wasn't entirely asleep, more like in a haze of surreal dreams. Her mind felt foggy throughout the night as if she were literally inside a giant cloud of mist.

When she came to she was in some sort of laboratory surrounded by glowing, giant equipment. She was strapped to a table, that looked like one a doctor would use for surgeries. She had restraints around her arms, legs, and face. Locked cuffs were around her wrists and ankles, digging into her skin as they were so tight. Some sort of machine was over her mouth, similar in shape to the equipment used in general anesthesia when making patients go unconscious. The mouthpiece was made from what felt like reinforced plastic, and had a strap that went around her ears and attached to the bottom of the surgical table with some kind of fabric, velcro, and snap buttons. She was pinned down.

Izumina tried to move but she felt as if she were stuck in a daze. Her eyes were open but only about half-lidded. She felt a surge of fear and panic course through her mind, however her body remained completely limp. Her face wouldn't contort itself to show what she felt, or rather what her instincts told her to feel. Her expression remained neutral as if she were incapable of showing emotions, or as if she were paralyzed. The only thing she managed to do was widen her eyes

Although frozen, Izumina's emerald green eyes expressed everything she couldn't verbally and physically. They flickered with fear, paranoia, and confusion, reflecting each of her emotions clear as day.

Suddenly the restraint over her mouth released some kind of gas. There was no air. Izumina coughed into the machine but the fumes of the gas blinded her. She wheezed and choked for air. She felt so sleepy. With each blink her eyelids became heavier, and heavier. It was almost unbearable to fight the drugs pouring into her lungs. The anesthesia was kicking in, and she slowly slipped out of consciousness once again.