Chapter 7: Katsuki Bakugou

WARNING: Swearing ahead (because we all know how Bakugou is)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next few weeks of school were as normal as they could be. Izumina and Izuku rekindled their friendship and within the first few days it was as if nothing had changed. As if Izumina never left.

Most kids at school were aware that Izuku still didn't have a quirk. Out of the goodness of her heart Izumina made a vow to not use her quirk in public either. As far as the student population knew, her and Deku were the two quirkless losers of the school. Well... At least Izuku was. Katsuki, had taken on the role of school bully since the last time Izumina saw him. He and his friends marched around like they were the best thing since sliced bread. Apparently Katsuki had been bullying Izuku for years, which hurt Izumina to hear. However, he seemed to have less to say about quirkless kids since she had come back.

Katsuki still picked on Izuku daily, but usually whenever Izumina wasn't around. On multiple occasions Izumina had walked in on one of their scuffles. The moment she locked eyes with Katsuki he would freeze in his place. For some reason he just couldn't bring himself to act the way he usually did in front of her. Most likely because every time he saw her, he remembered the last thing she said to him before disappearing for five years.

"If you don't want to be friends with me and Izuku anymore then that's fine, but don't think that gives you the right to bully other people. People who haven't developed their quirks yet."

You could say that the guilt got to him every time.

Many months had passed, and aside from class, Katsuki and Izumina barely uttered a word to each other. Izumina missed her old friend, and although he would never admit it, so did Katsuki.

Izumina had considered approaching him many times, but out of respect for Izuku she never did. How could she after all Katsuki had put him through? She only wished she had been there for him when nobody else had been. Izuku was never a popular kid, but the thought of him having no real friends, for years, ate Izumina up inside.

'Why hadn't Katsuki been there for him? What made him so mean?" Were questions she asked herself on a regular basis.

One day, close to the end of the school year, Izumina walked home alone. She and Izuku had taken to walking together, considering they once again lived so close to one another. This particular day he had muttered some excuse about a project and ran off after school. Before he did so he apologized about a million times. It all took place at the school gates where the two usually met after classes...

"I'm so so so so so sorry Izumi!" Izuku said while bowing quickly and clasping his hands together.

Izumina waved him off awkwardly and gave the boy a smile. "No really, it's fine." She stated. "Don't even worry about it. I get it. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Thanks," Izuku said. "I'll be off now."

"Wait," Izumina called after him. Izuku turned to face her once more, now a couple strides away. "My dad's driving me tomorrow so I'll see you at school rather than at your house." She stated the change of plan, as she would usually walk to his house then the two of them would head to school together; however, her father had offered to drive her as he was going to be off work the next day.

"Okay, see ya," Izuku said, running off once more. Izumina waved after him and began her walk home.

When she was almost off school property she noticed a certain ash-blonde boy standing under a tree. He was by himself, wearing his school uniform, with one hand in his pocket and the other scrolling through a phone. This was her chance to finally have a conversation with Katsuki she thought. Let's just say she took it.