Chapter 3: Away From Home

Izumina settled into her new home in Quebec. The first few months of being there was hard. She had never lived anywhere other than Japan, so she thought this place seemed... strange.

People treated her like an outsider. She was never one to fit in. No matter how hard she tried, she just never felt like she had any real friends.

Her mother, having grown up in Quebec, spoke fluent French and was aware of the different customs. Miyuna gave her daughter French lessons every day for the first year of being there, and Izumina was quick to catch on to the language.

After she believed her daughter was comfortable enough, Miyuna enrolled Izumina in a local elementary school. It was there, after 2 and a half years of living in Quebec, that Izumina unlocked the powers of her quirk, at the late age of 8.

Up until then, Izumina believed that she was quirkless, considering the fact that most children her age unlock their quirks much earlier in life. However, her quirk was very much real, and very powerful.

~Flashback~

'"What a quirkless loser! You look like a two year old with those pigtails! HaHa!" Two boys teased while poking Izumina. "Hey, cut it out," Izumina mumbled quietly while holding her knees to her chest as she sat on the school's grassy field. "Or what huh?!" The boys cruel laughs rang through Izumina's ears, so she hid her face behind her knees. Suddenly one of the boys reached out and grabbed her left pigtail. "Aghhh!" Izumina squeaked as her body fell to the floor. She lay on her side while holding her sore head, keeping her eyes shut tight. "Loser! Loser! Quirkless - loser!" The boys chanted in a sing song voice. They continued pulling at her hair and began kicking her sides, not hard, but enough that it would hurt. "Stop it," Izumina whispered.

"Stop it.. Stop it... Stop It!" Her voice grew louder and louder until finally she couldn't take it anymore. Her eyes shot open, and in an instant she had disappeared, leaving the two boys standing there with confused expressions on their faces.

When she opened her eyes again she realized she was no longer at her school, but rather in the living room of her stone cottage.

"Izumina?" Her mother asked while walking into the living room.

Noticing the state her daughter was in, messy hair, dirty knees, and teary eyed, Miyuna picked her up and brought her over to the couch. "What happened honey? Where did your hair elastics go?"

Izumina, with her hair falling in her face, responded with a sniffle. "There were these boys... and um," she stopped to wipe her eyes. "They were pulling my hair. Next thing I knew I was back here."

Miyuna's eyes widened. "Sweety! This is wonderful! You have a quirk!" She exclaimed while picking up her daughter and twirling her around the living room. She brought her daughter close and gave her a giant bear hug. "What those boys did to you was terrible, but now let's look on the bright side..." Miyuna pulled her daughter away from her so that they were facing each other. "Now you can be just like All Might!" Miyuna stated with a grin. Izumina's eyes widened as a gigantic, adorable smile spread across her face. "I'm going to be just like All Might!" She exclaimed while throwing herself back into her mother's embrace. 'Izuku and I can be like All Might together," she thought contently.'

~End of Flashback~

Six months after Izumina unlocked her quirk, her mother took her to the local doctor's office to identify what exactly her quirk was.

Upon arriving at the doctor's office, Izumina discovered that she possessed a teleportation quirk. The doctor ran some tests involving her quirk to determine just how much it affected her body and vitals to use.