Chapter 13: To Be A Hero

Izuku made it to the front of the crowd before Izumina could and ran towards the villain, passing the line of police officers keeping the crowd a safe distance back. Pro heroes and citizens alike, including All Might, gasped as they noticed the boy running into danger.

Izumina made it to the front as Izuku sprinted into battle, a scared look on his face as he ran panting as fast as he could.

Izumina stopped for a moment to catch her breath. She looked around at the fire and broken glass. The sludge villain and her friends, one of which was running right into a fight against a villain she knew he couldn't beat on his own, and the other...

She ran after Izuku, but before she could make it to him an officer grabbed her by the arm.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, kid?!" The officer screamed as she flailed to get away from him.

"No! Let me go! You have to let me go," Izumina insisted as she attempted to push the man away from her.

"Kids like you can't just run into battle! You could get hurt! You need to stay here!"

"You don't understand, sir. He's my friend. Those are my friends!" Izumina wriggled but the officer's grip was tight, and his hand was large enough to wrap fully around her bicep.

The officer stepped in front of her to further block her way. "I'm sorry, young lady, but you can't run after him. The safety line is here and any citizen who passes it is putting themself in danger!"

"No! Please, you have to let me go!" Izumina watched helplessly as Izuku came closer to the villain.

The pro hero, Death Arms held his arm out. "Idiot! Stop! Stop!"

Izumina tried to push past the officer yet again, but he'd pulled her behind him and blocked her way. Izuku ignored Death Arms and continued running, sweat dripping down his brow. He ran between the mini fires towards the villain.

Izumina knew he would get hurt. "Even the pros can't engage this guy," she thought as she continued to fight the officer's grip. She needed to get past. She had to. "I can't let Izuku do this by himself! I can't lose him... I can't lose Katsuki!"

Izumina watched helplessly as Izuku gained on the villain. "Why aren't the pros getting in there to help," the voice inside her head screamed.

Bakugou's eyes opened weakly as he heard the commotion around him, and locked eyes with the green-haired boy running towards him. "Deku...?"

Izumina gasped as Izuku neared the villain, who screamed, "Die in an explosion!"

"No! Don't you dare hurt them!" She screamed at the villain as she saw his form shift, preparing an attack.

Izuku ran with his arms frantically pumping beside him.

The villain growled as gross veins appeared in his massive eyes. His pupils dilated out of rage and his teeth clenched. "Brat!"

Izuku undoubtedly thought back to his notes about heroes. Everything he'd learned, and studied. Izumina recognized this as he spun and threw his backpack at the sludge. "Take that!" He yelled as the contents of his bag spilled over the villain's body, and his backpack hit the villain square in his disfigured face.

A pencil fell and poked the villain's eye, causing him to wretch in pain. The villain roared, which allowed Bakugou to pull his head out of the sludge once more.

The police officer kept a tight hold on Izumina's upper arm, but his attention faltered as he heard the sound of the villain yell. She took the chance to use her quirk and teleport herself into the square. In a flash, she appeared a couple of steps in front of the line of pros and police officers and took off running after her friends.