Chapter 18: Robots Are The Worst

Izumina bid farewell and good luck to Izuku as they walked down the steps of U.A. High's main building. "Don't push yourself too hard, okay?! Be careful," she rambled.

"I will, I will," Izuku assured her. "Try not to worry so much, Izumi." Noticing a sign pointing towards his entrance gate, Izuku turned. "I'll see you in there then."

"Right." Izumina nodded. She watched Izuku's back as he walked away before looking around for her own sign. "Okay..." she mumbled to herself. "Where are you, Entrance C...?"

"Hey, Aho."

Izumina turned to see Bakugou, walking down the steps to meet her at the bottom. "Oh hey, Katsuki. You know where your entrance is yet?"

"Just on my way there now," he said gesturing towards a group of people walking past a sign that read 'Entrance A.'

"Coolio," Izumina beamed. "I haven't found mine yet." She placed a hand over her eyes to block the sun and scanned the area once more for Entrance C.

"Listen, Izumi," Bakugou spoke, placing a hand on the back of his neck as his eyes darted to his feet. "Deku being quirkless and fighting is one thing... but you-" He stopped to consider his words. "Listen, I know you can handle yourself fine and all, just don't get hurt alright!"

Before Izumina could open her mouth to respond Bakugou was pushing past her towards his gate. "Katsuki," she called after him.

Bakugou stopped to acknowledge he'd heard her but showed no signs of turning around.

Izumina inhaled. "Do your best!"

Izumina couldn't tell for sure, but she was fairly certain she saw a tiny smirk on Bakugou's face before he turned a bend and walked out of sight.

Smiling to herself Izumina turned on her heels, rather quickly, in yet another attempt to find her entrance. Unfortunately for her, she bumped right into a person who'd been descending the steps of the school behind her.

"Woah," the boy exclaimed, holding his arm out to help Izumina regain her balance.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there and-"

"No harm done, right?" The boy smiled kindly as he pulled his arm back, revealing a mouth full of pointed teeth. Izumina examined his loose black hair and noticed a small scar directly above his left eye. He looked friendly enough. "The name's Kirishima, and you are?"

Izumina smiled and shook his hand. "Call me Izumi."

"Okay, Izumi. What entrance gate you at?"

"Oh," Izumina said. Remembering that she still had to find her gate she looked around for a sign or something. "I'm at Entrance C, but I can't seem to find it..."

"No way," Kirishima exclaimed, "I'm at Entrance C too! I couldn't find it either so I went back inside to ask for directions!"

"What are the odds?" Izumina beamed. "Wanna walk together?"

"Sure thing," Kirishima said pointing to his side. "Somebody told me it's around the side of the building and that the sign for it should be nearby."

Izumina turned 90 degrees, following the direction of his finger. She noticed a sign that said 'Entrance C' sticking out of a hedge. The hedge surrounded the side of the school in addition to beautiful flowers as part of U.A.'s front garden. Izumina twitched. "Who on earth decided to put a sign there of all places? It's almost completely hidden!"

Kirishima chuckled as Izumina huffed and walked down the path.

The two arrived at a giant double door, separating the crowd of wannabe heroes from the exam grounds with an equally massive cement wall. Izumina gulped.