Chapter 15: Shape Up

Two days later, Izumina and Izuku headed towards the local beach. All Might had told the two of them to meet him there after their fateful encounter, so that's exactly what they were doing. The Symbol of Peace had told both teenagers that they could become heroes, so now it was down to a matter of one thing: training.

As they walked Izumina recalled All Might's exact wording to Izuku a couple of days prior. "You are worthy to inherit my power. My quirk was passed onto me like a sacred torch." This had come to a great shock for both the teenagers, as neither of them had ever heard of a quirk that could be passed from one person to another. The whole thing seemed like a dream. Izumina was happy for Izuku, of course, she was, she was his best friend after all. However, something about this new information created a sense of foreboding, which weighed on Izumina's shoulders like the death of a relative. Izumina hadn't told anyone other than Izuku about her multiple quirks. Perhaps All Might could give Izumina some answers to the questions she'd been too afraid to ask for years. What did her powers mean?

Neither of the teenagers fully understood All Might's proposal to pass his quirk on to Izuku. All they knew was that it was time to shape up. One for All, All Might's quirk, was one that required a body strong enough to hold it. Which was why Izuku had to train. Izumina however, was lucky enough to be brought along for the ride. As the two neared the beach Izumina recalled another explanation All Might had given. "One person cultivates the power and passes it onto another person, who also cultivates it and passes it on. It is the crystallization of power that spins together the voices of those who need help with a courageous heart." Could this have anything to do with her?

Izumina's pondering was brought to an abrupt halt as Izuku stopped dead in his tracks and turned to her. "Izumi?"

"Yeah?" She asked turning to face him in return.

"What if All Might made a mistake choosing me? I mean, what if he should've picked someone else?"

Izumina smiled at her friend before calmly replying, "Izu, there is no doubt in my mind that you're the only person who deserves to inherit One for All. Nobody has the same drive as you do. The need to help people even when the situation seems hopeless. He didn't make a mistake."

Izumina continued walking.

"But-" Izuku stated as he jogged a few paces to catch up to her.

"Stop being such a worrywart, Mr. Chosen One. We can't leave All Might waiting now can we?"

Izumina smiled at Izuku, which he returned, before descending the stone steps that lead to the beach. Nearby, a large stone, which had been littered with graffiti, held a sign that said 'Dagoba Municipal Beach Park.' The beach itself was an absolute dump, as it was littered as far as the eye could see with trash. Not too far from where they stood, was All Might in his civilian form, sporting a navy t-shirt and grey sweatpants.

The two approached the hero, who greeted them with his signature smile. "Ah, Young Midoriya. Young Kimino. A pleasure to see you."

"Pleasures all ours," Izumina responded politely as Izuku mumbled incoherently. Clearly, it would take some getting used to before he'd be able to speak casually in front of his lifelong hero.

Luckily, he snapped out of it and said, "Good morning All Might."

All Might's smile broadened. "Good morning indeed Young Midoriya."

Izumina, who'd brought a backpack filled with bento boxes for all three of them, placed her knapsack by her feet. "So All Might, want me to give you guys some space?" She asked, feeling as if she were intruding on Izuku's special moment.

"Nonsense, Young Kimino," All Might said. "As you know the secret of One for All, and have agreed to keep quiet about it, I feel it's only fair I help to train you as well as Young Midoriya. You said you wanted to be a hero too, didn't you?"