Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester- Part 4

Your dad let you crash at his place for the night when everything was over. The spell worked and all the ghosts disappeared. Everyone was so tired out from the events, that they all were out like lights as soon as their heads hit the pillows. Sam was sleeping on the couch and Dean took the floor, too tired to even make it upstairs. You, on the other hand, couldn't sleep. As much as you tried, things still bothered you. Where was Castiel when you needed him? There were things you still needed to discuss with him, but you had no way of contacting him, let alone know where to start. So, you sat in the kitchen, in the dark, just sitting in thought.

"Your thoughts are very loud," you whipped your head up to see Castiel standing by the sink.

"What the fuck? How the hell did you...?" You were at a loss for words.

"I have wings. They brought me here," he stated and walked to you.

"Why can't I see them?" you asked just as he sat down across from you.

"Humans aren't able to see them. But I can assure you, they're there."

"Oh," you nodded and looked down.

"What is the matter? Is something wrong?"

"You don't have anywhere else you need to be right now, do you? You have some time to talk with me?" you asked, looking into his blue eyes.

"Yes, I can talk with you."

"Then who the hell is this Darkness person and why am I her vessel?"

"I guess it's time that you do know what is going on," he sighed, shifting in his seat.

"And why can I do magic? My mom wasn't a witch... right?"

"She was a witch, she just hid it very well," he stated and you got tears. Your whole life was a lie then. Your mom was a part of something big and didn't even tell you about it.

"What is going on, Castiel?" you stared at him with unshed tears in your eyes.

"The Darkness is the most powerful being out there. So powerful, she predates even God himself," he started.

"So, there is a God?"

"Yes, and the Darkness is more powerful than him. You're her vessel which makes you the most powerful human and witch. When and if she comes out of her prison, she will come for you. She will want to possess your body because, with you, she can do a lot more with the magic in your veins."

"Why is she in prison?"

"She's very dangerous and poses a huge threat to all living things."

"Oh, no big deal," you said sarcastically.

"It is a very big deal," Castiel said seriously.

"No, I know... that was sarcasm," you sighed, biting your lip in thought. "Thank you."

"For what?" he asked with a tilt of his head.

"For saving Dean. I don't know why you did it, but I appreciate it. When he was... gone... I didn't have control of my magic. I was in a very bad state. It's like when Dean is with me, I have control of it, but when he's gone, I can't. I can't explain it."

"I can answer that. You and Dean are soulmates. Your souls are intertwined together which is why you have a solid connection to your magic. When Dean died, that connection was broken and your magic didn't have a solid foundation to rely on. It doesn't help that you have demon blood in your body."

"Wait, so I do have that? Does Sam?" you asked and Castiel nodded in confirmation. "What does all this mean? Why did you bring Dean back?"

"Just like you, Sam and Dean are vessels as well. What happened today was only the beginning of what was to come."