Jump the Shark- Part 3

After arriving to the cemetery, you had the cemetery director show you to the tomb that had been raided.

"This tomb was built in 1926. Four generations of the Millsap family were interred here," he explained as you both walked inside. It was a mess, and the coffins were broken into with chunks of cement on the ground.

"They don't build 'em like this anymore," Dean said.

"Tell me, Agent Nugent and Walsh, have you thought about where you might like to spend eternity?"

"All the damn time," Dean said after he hesitated. Smiling, you walked past him to get a better look at the coffins.

"So, three bodies went missing. Any idea who did it?" you asked.

"Hooligans. Sick, deranged hooligans," the director sighed. Noticing Dean staring at something, you walked to him before you both bent down to inspect it. On the side of one coffin was some liquid that had been spilled over, but it was too dark to know what it was by sight. So, Dean touched it before smelling it.

"What is it?" you whispered. As soon as he sniffed it, he recoiled in disgust.

"This isn't blood. What is this?" Dean asked the director.

"No, it's embalming fluid. Whoever committed this crime didn't just take the corpses. They opened them up."

"Gross," you shuddered as you stood up, thanking the man for showing you in here. Once you two got everything you needed, Dean was through with the past. He wanted to focus on the now which was Joe Barton, the man who disappeared before Kate ever did. The one place where people talk was the bar which is where you went to. Joe was a local bartender there which is why you thought someone might know something.

Taking a seat at the bar with Dean, you noticed the female bartender grab two glasses before filling them up with beer from the tap.

"First beers are on the house for cops. Feds too," she said with a smile, noticing your attire.

"Are we that obvious?" you chuckled.

"I know all the local badges, and you two got that... Law & Order vibe," she said as she picked up a cloth and started cleaning glasses with it. "So, what's the FBI doing in Windom?"

"Looking into the disappearance of Joe Barton," he said, sliding the picture of him so she could see. At the mention of his name, she froze and took a deep breath.

"I assume you knew him?" you asked.

"A little. I'm his wife. Lisa."

"Well, Lisa, what can you tell me about his disappearance?"

"Same thing I told the sheriff. He stayed late Friday before last to do inventory. Never came home."

"And the police?" you asked as you sipped the beer.

"Nothing. Truth is, I was scared they stopped looking. But now you two are here," she smiled.

"Joe was a cop?" Dean asked, making you look at the framed photo of him in a cop's uniform.

"Deputy. For a little while. That was a long time ago."

"He didn't happen to work the, uh, the grave robbery case, back in nineties?"

"He did. Yeah. Joe was the one who found those bodies. He got an award for that."

"That was an interesting case," Dean muttered as he spotted the article for the missing bodies. Staring at the same article, you noticed someone standing in the background that looked just like John. Glancing over at Dean, you knew he noticed the same thing.