Yellow Fever- Part 2

"Dean, please lower the volume," you tried for the fifth time that morning. Sam was inside the motel talking with your dad while you and Dean were inside the car because he refused to go inside. He was laying across the front seat, jamming to Eye of the Tiger. He refused to listen to you which pissed you off. Lately, you've noticed the scratching on his arm getting worse, but he wouldn't talk to you about it.

Shaking your head, you turned to face the motel only to see Sam walk out of it. Looking both ways, he crossed the street over to you two. Dean didn't notice his brother, but you made eye contact with him. Communicating through your eyes, you wanted Sam to know how you were feeling. He shrugged and banged on the roof of the car, scaring the shit out of Dean.

"Dude look at this," he showed his brother the scratches on his arm.

"I just talked to Bobby," he said, handing his brother a box of doughnuts.

"And?" Dean asked, sniffing the box and throwing it onto the seat next to him. He got out of the car, and you followed his actions.

"Um, well, you're not gonna like it."

"What is it?" you asked, preparing for the worst.

"It's ghost sickness."

"Ghost sickness?" Dean asked, scared of what that it. "God, no. I don't even know what that is."

"Okay. Some cultures believe that certain spirits can infect the living with a disease, which is why they stopped displaying bodies in houses and started taking them off to funeral homes."

"Okay, get to the good stuff," Dean rushed his brother.

"Symptoms are you get anxious, then scared, then really scared, then your heart gives out. Sound familiar?"

"Yeah, but Sam, we haven't seen a ghost in weeks," you said, worried about what this would do to Dean.

"Well, I doubt he caught it from a ghost. Look, once a spirit infects that first person, ghost sickness can spread like any sickness through a cough, a handshake, whatever. It's like the flu. Now, Frank O'Brien was the first to die, which means he was probably the first infected. Patient zero."

"Our very own outbreak monkey."

"Right. Get this, Frank was in Maumee over the weekend. Softball tournament. Which is where he must have infected the other two victims."

"So, ghosts infected Frank. He passed it on to the other guys and Dean got it from his corpse?" you asked.

"Right."

"So now what, I have 48 hours before I go insane and my heart stops?"

"More like 24."

"Great," you groaned, concerned for your boyfriend. "Why him? Why not you or me? I mean, we got hit with the spleen juice."

"Yeah, um, you see Bobby and I have a theory about that too. Turns out all three victims shared a certain, uh, personality type. Frank was a bully. The other two victims, one was a vice principal, the other was a bouncer. Basically, they were all dicks."

"So you're saying I'm a dick?"

"No, no, no. It's not just that. All three victims used fear as a weapon, and now this disease is just returning the favor."

"I don't scare people," Dean scoffed.

"Dean, all we do is scare people," you sighed.

"Okay, well then, you're both dicks too."

"Apparently, we're not."

"Whatever. How do we stop it?"

"We gank the ghost that started all this. We do that, the disease should clear up."