On the Head of a Pin- Part 1

Pamela's funeral was more brutal than you thought. Going there, you thought you were capable of handling it, but you had to leave early because you couldn't stop crying. Pamela told you when you got her she didn't want to do this, but you forced her anyway. It was all on you when she died since you were the one who had the idea to bring her along. Saving a seal was a good thing, but not if Pamela had to die for it. It wasn't fair.

After the funeral, everyone was quiet. Finally able to get behind the wheel, you let Sam rest in the back seat while Dean took the one next to you. It was raining, but there was no one on the road. Your driving skills weren't as extreme as Dean's which is why it was taking a little bit longer than usual to get back to the motel you had reserved.

"Ruby will meet us outside Cheyenne. She's been tracking some leads. I know she's not exactly on both your Christmas lists, but if she can help us get to Lilith—"

"Hey, man, work with Ruby, don't. I don't really give a rat's ass," Dean sighed.

"What's your problem?"

"Pamela didn't want anything to do with this and we dragged her back into it, Sam."

"I did. I'm the one who got her. She told me that she didn't want any part of this, but I made her anyway," you sighed as you rested your left elbow on the car door.

"She knew what was at stake."

"Oh yeah. Saving the world, and we're doing such a damn good job of it," Dean scoffed.

"Dean—"

"I'm tired of burying friends, Sam."

"Look, we catch a fresh trail—"

"And we follow it, I know. Like I said, I'm just—I'm just getting tired."

"Well, get angry," Sam sighed before lying back down. Looking at Dean, you made eye contact before focusing on the road. Pressing on the gas pedal, you hurried back to the room. It took longer than usual, but by the time you made it back, you just wanted to go to sleep. Unlocking the door, you walked in only to sigh.

"Ah, home shitty home," Dean muttered as Sam turned on the lights. In the middle of the room stood Uriel with Castiel hanging behind him, not giving you guys a glance.

"Winchester, Winchester, and Singer. You do go by Singer, am I correct?"

"Oh come on," you scoffed with a shake of your head.

"You two are needed."

"Needed? We just got back from needed!" Dean yelled.

"Now, you mind your tone with me," Uriel glared.

"No," you snapped, "you mind your damn tone with us."

"We just got back from Pamela's funeral," Sam explained.

"Pamela. You know, psychic Pamela? You remember her. Cas, you remember her. You burned her eyes out. Remember that? Good times. Yeah, then she died saving one of your precious seals. So maybe you can stop pushing us around like chess pieces for five fucking minutes!"

"We raised you out of hell for our purposes," Uriel glared.

"And what were those again?" you sassed, not in the mood to deal with them.

"Start with gratitude."

"Fuck you," you spat.

"Y/N, Dean, we know this is difficult to understand," Castiel said as he joined his brother's side.

"And we," Uriel said as he looked from Castiel to you, "don't care. Now, seven angels have been murdered, all of them from our garrison. The last one was killed tonight."