Family Remains- Part 1

Looking at the children in front of you, you took a deep breath and enjoyed the peaceful afternoon. Families walked by you as they minded their own business, dogs barked happily as they played on the grass, the sun shone brightly in the sky. It was the perfect day to be outside which is why you were sitting on the marble bench of a fountain. The wind made the light mist hit your body which cooled you down. Nothing could ruin this moment.

"You're getting stronger," a woman said from next to you. Looking over, you saw Amara watching the kids.

"Leave me alone," you sighed.

"I can't. You're my only vessel in the world. I need to know how you're doing."

"How can you have more than one vessel?"

"I didn't say anything about that," she chuckled.

"My mom said she was having dreams about you, nightmares. Was she your vessel too?"

"And her mom, and hers, and all their mothers before them," she nodded in confirmation.

"How?"

"I needed a vessel for when I get out. I happen to choose your bloodline from the very start. I turned average witches into the best ones. Your magic will help me achieve what I want most."

"And what is that?" you asked as she stared at you. She shook her head, and you knew you weren't going to get an answer from her.

"I need you to ignore what the Angels are saying about me. Forget what you think you know," she said just as she misted away.

Opening your eyes, your body still felt a little sore from the hunt you just got off of about two hours ago. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't get Amara out of your head. The number of dreams you've had of her was too many to count. Wherever she was, she was trying to get inside of your head which wasn't going to happen. The only reason you haven't told Sam and Dean about this because you didn't want them to worry about you.

Looking at the brothers, you saw Sam resting his head against the window pane while Dean was reading some papers, no doubt, about a case.

"What are you doing, Dean?" you asked with a sigh. At the sound of your voice, Sam woke up before checking the time on his watch.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" he asked. Sam looked at you before shifting his gaze to his brother.

"Like you're looking for a job," he answered for you.

"Yahtzee." Groaning, you sat up before resting your elbow on the back of the front seat before resting your chin on your palm.

"We just finished a job like two hours ago."

"Adrenaline's still pumping, I guess. So, what do you think... Cedar Rapids, Tulsa, or Chi-Town?"

"I am all for working. I really am, but you got us chasing cases nonstop for like a month now. We need sleep," you yawned.

"Yeah, we can sleep when we're dead."

"You're exhausted, Dean," his brother chimed in.

"I'm good."

"No, you're not. You're running on fumes, and you can't run forever."

"And what am I running from?"

"From what you told us. Or are we pretending that never happened?" Sam asked, and you both stared at Dean, waiting for an answer.

"Stratton, Nebraska," Dean said after a pause. Looks like he isn't talking about it now. "Farm town. A man gets hacked to death in a locked room inside a locked house. No signs of forced entry."