Jump the Shark- Part 1

Moaning lightly, you turned your head in your sleep as you scrunched your eyes a bit. Since you three had been traveling the country endlessly, you didn't have a motel room to go to. Which is why you were parked on the side of the road while you slept on Dean's chest in the front seat. Sam was resting against the hood as he brushed his teeth.

Dean looked at you when he heard you moan before moving some hair out of your eyes. He knew you've been having nightmares, but he never knew what they were about. It was something you didn't discuss with him or his brother. Sam, hearing this, turned to look at you and Dean.

"Another nightmare?" Sam asked once he spit out the toothpaste in his mouth.

"Yeah, it looks like it," Dean sighed. "I just wish I knew what they were about."

"If she's going to tell anyone, then it would be you. Just give her some time."

"Yeah," he grunted before placing his hand on your shoulder. He pressed his lips to your temple as he lightly shook your shoulders. He let you sleep an hour after he woke up, and it was time to start heading somewhere because he was hungry. Opening your eyes, you let out a soft sigh before looking into Dean's concerned eyes.

"Nightmare again?" he asked softly, and the only response you gave was a light nod of your head. Amara has been getting into your dreams more often since it was the only way she could talk to you. If you told Sam and Dean that, they would try everything to get her out, but it couldn't be done. Even the angels don't think she is real.

"You know you can come to me for anything, right?"

"I know," you whispered. Gently moving off him, he opened the door before stumbling out. Giggling, you looked up to see Sam look at you which caused you to lose your smile. Oh yeah, you were still pissed at him for what he has been doing with Ruby. It's only been a few days, so he better tell Dean soon or else you would.

"Hey, how'd you sleep?" Sam asked you.

"Fine," you kept it curt.

"I'm starving. Let's get breakfast," Dean declared.

"Where? We're like two hours from anything."

"But I'm hungry now," he whined.

"There's probably still a sandwich in the back seat," Sam suggested.

"Ew, Dean, that's gross," you groaned as Dean walked to the back seat and produced a paper bag. He opened and sniffed it before rearing back in disgust.

"It's tuna." Before anyone else could comment, a phone started ringing. Frowning, all three of you started checking your pockets, but it wasn't coming from any of them. Leaning closer to the glove compartment, you heard it was coming from there which meant it was John's phone. Opening it, you grabbed the ringing one before flipping it open. There number you didn't recognize, but that usually didn't mean anything.

"Isn't that Dad's phone?" Sam asked as you put it to your ear.

"Hello?"

"Uh, is John there?" a man on the other line asked.

"He can't come to the phone. Can I help you?" you looked at the brothers who stared at you while you were still in the car.

"No, no, no—I really—I need to talk to John. This is Adam Milligan. He knows me."

"Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but John died more than two years ago," you broke the news, hearing the man's shocked gasp. "Who is this?"

"I'm his son," he revealed, making you almost drop the phone. Looking at Sam and Dean, you swallowed a lump in your throat.

"His son?" Both brother's eyes went wide at this. John had another kid?