Metamorphosis- Part 2

"Guys, what are you doing?" Sam asked. You and Dean continued to ignore him. "What, are you—are you leaving?"

"You don't need us. You and Ruby go fight demons," Dean replied. Once finished, he grabbed his bag and headed for the door, but Sam stood in the way which forced Dean to go around him. You were hot on his heels.

"Hold on. Dean, come on, man," Sam sighed. Dean swiftly turned around and punched Sam square in the jaw. Sam whirled around at the impact, not saying anything because he knew he deserved it. "You satisfied?" Dean reared his fist back and punched his brother again, causing his mouth to bleed. Sam turned to you, expecting you to do the same. Walking up to him, your eyes turned bright blue in response to your anger.

"You're not worth the energy," you said lowly, backing off and letting your eyes turn back to their normal color.

"Do you even know how far off the reservation you've gone? How far from normal? From human?" Dean asked as he raised his voice.

"I'm just exorcising demons," Sam shrugged.

"With your mind!" you yelled.

"What else can you do?" Dean asked in a much calmer voice after a few moments of silence.

"I can send them back to hell. It only works with demons, and that's it," Sam said, but Dean didn't believe him. Dean grabbed hold of his younger brother and pushed him backwards, walking with the force.

"What else can you do?!"

"I told you!" Sam pushed his hand away, and they both stop.

"And we have every reason in the world to believe that," you said sarcastically. Dean scoffed and began to walk away from his brother.

"Look, I should have said something," Sam sighed. Dean stopped in his tracks but didn't turn around. He looked at you while you still faced both Winchesters. "I'm sorry, guys. I am. But try to see the other side here."

"The other side?" the older brother asked as he turned around.

"I'm pulling demons out of innocent people."

"Use the knife!" you exclaimed.

"The knife kills the victim! What I do, most of them survive! Look, I've saved more people in the last five months than we save in a year."

"That what Ruby want you to think? Huh?" Dean asked with a shake of his head. "Kind of like the way she tricked you into using your powers? Slippery slope, brother. Just wait and see because it's gonna get darker and darker, and God knows where it ends."

"I'm not gonna let it go too far," Sam defended himself.

"It already has, Sam. You're taking advice from a demon. Lowest of the low," you commented. Dean, with all this pent-up anger he has, needed to release it. He walked over to a side table and slammed his hand to the side of the lamp, making it crash and fly.

"If I didn't you know... I would wanna hunt you," Dean growled. Tears brimmed Sam's eyes, but he nodded and looked down in shame.

"And so would other hunters," you said. It wasn't fair game since you were a witch, but this was something completely different.

"You were gone," Sam said to his brother before turning to you. "I had to keep fighting without him. This way works for me. And guess what, you left me."

"You don't think I tried!" you screamed at him, using your magic to throw the lamp Dean threw to the ground straight at Sam. He dodged it at the last second. "I went out hunting and came back bloody. Every hunt I went on, I almost died! I didn't care about living anymore! Dean was gone, and yes, I should have been with you, but if I didn't care about my own life, why would I care about yours? I didn't want to kill you so I stayed away."