Yellow Fever- Part 1

"Agent Tyler, Agent Perry, Agent Whitford, meet Frank O'Brien," the coroner said as he opened the body bag. Word got around that Frank died of a heart attack. Nothing strange about that, but he was in excellent health plus a marathon runner. With someone of his health and background, he shouldn't have died at his age. It was weird enough to get on your radar and weird enough for Dean to think there might be a case. Which is why you and the brothers were at the morgue, checking it out.

"He died of a heart attack, right?" Sam asked.

"Three days ago."

"But O'Brien was 44 years old and, according to this a marathon runner," you stated, looking at the report in your hands.

"Everybody drops dead sooner or later. It's why I got job security."

"Yeah, but Frank kicked it here. Now, just yesterday, two perfectly healthy men bit it in Maumee. All heart attacks, you don't think that's strange?" Dean inquired.

"Sounds like Maumee's problem to me. Why's the FBI give a damn, anyway?" the coroner asked suspiciously.

"I don't question where I go, neither should you," you answered. "We just want to see the autopsy report."

"What autopsy?"

"The one you're gonna do," you said with a tight smile. The coroner sighed but did as he was told. He got everything ready, including giving you three gloves and an apron to protect your clothing. Never in your life have you seen an autopsy done before, but there was always a first time for everything, right? After the coroner got the things ready, he started the autopsy and cut open the dead body. Immediately from the start, both Sam and Dean silently gagged at the smell. You, on the other hand, couldn't wait to see the inside of a person. You were weird like that.

"First dead body?" the coroner asked with a smirk.

"Far from it," Dean answered.

"Oh, good. Because these suckers can get pretty ripe. Hey, hand me those rib cutters, would you?" he asked. As Dean picked up the cutters, Sam took a fortifying breath. The sound of bones breaking wasn't the most pleasant of sounds, but it looks like Sam couldn't stand the thought.

"Is that from a wedding ring? I didn't think Frank was married," Dean observed the faint outline of a ring on the ring finger.

"Ain't my department."

"Any idea how he got these?" Sam asked, lifting Frank's arm which was covered in what looked like homemade scratches.

"You know what? When you drop dead, you actually tend to drop. Body probably got scraped up when it hit the ground," the older gentlemen said, inspecting the heart. The more he stared at it, the more he frowned. "Huh."

"What is it?" you asked.

"I can't find any blockages in any of the major arteries," he sighed, using the tools he had to break the heart out of place. With one look to the organ, Dean's face turned green with disgust. It looked like he was about to vomit.

"Heart looks pretty damn healthy," he said before handing Dean the organ. "Here, hold that a second, would you?" Dean let the coroner drop the heart in his glove-covered hands. Both you and Sam smirked at Dean's stone features, and as the coroner cut something else in the body, a squirt of blood shot out of the body and onto Sam's face. Keeping a straight face was near impossible, and you let two snickers sneak past your lips. The brothers stared at you with bitch faces, but not before something wet hit your face.

"Oh, sorry, spleen juice," the coroner apologized just as the brothers smirked at you.

"You know what?" you asked as you quickly wiped the disgusting fluid off your skin. "Who was the officer assigned to the case?"