It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester- Part 4

"He's in here!" you yelled as you rushed into another mausoleum. Dean was hot on your heels as you ran down the steps, and as soon as you rounded the corner, you saw Sam and the demon face to face with the demon's back to you. Stopping, you watched as Sam used his psychic powers to expel the demon.

"No, Sam..." you whispered. Dean stared at his brother as he did his thing, and the longer he did, the more blood came out of his nose. The demon gasped and gagged before black smoke started pouring out of the vessel. By the look of Sam, it took a lot to finally exorcise Samhain. Don's body fell to the floor as the black smoke disappeared.

Sam panted before looking at you and Dean. Sadness filled his eyes, and he couldn't bear to look at you two anymore. He lowered his gaze, but you were terrified of what Sam could do. You were terrified of what you could do, but this didn't seem right. Dean was also fearful. Well, you couldn't change it now, and now that the demon was dead, it was time to get the hell out of dodge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samhain was stopped which meant the next day continued on as it was supposed to. It was time to leave this town, and while Sam packed up the room and Dean was off on his own, you decided to take a breather for a moment. What Sam did, what he can do, scared the shit out of you. It didn't matter how he justifies it, it's bad. Somehow, you feel like it's your fault for leaving Sam when Dead died. If you haven't, maybe you could have stopped Sam from being with Ruby, from discovering his abilities.

"Don't blame yourself," a deep voice said. Jumping, you turned around to see Uriel leaning against the wall of a building. "Sam would have figured out his potential one way or another. It's in his blood."

"What do you want?" you asked.

"Now, your blood, that's something interesting. Fascinating one might say. The same blood runs through your veins as it does with Sam, yet, you don't possess the same powers."

"You know damn well why I am different."

"Ah yes. Witch's blood. Generations after generations of the same blood, all serving a single purpose. One that you might be underqualified to contain."

"Underqualified?" you asked, growing pissed at this. "Am I underqualified enough to scare a demon? Intimidate you? Amara, The Darkness, whatever her name is, she isn't getting inside me. I will not let her use my body for evil. You still think I am underqualified for that?"

"Listen to me, Y/N, and listen well," Uriel said as he approached you. "I do not care what your purpose in life is. I do not care what happens to you. Amara is a bedtime story told to scare little children into behaving. You may have Castiel fooled, but the minute your importance ceases to exist, I will turn you to dust. Do I make myself clear?"

"Crystal," you glared, staring into his eyes. Giving it a few more moments, you turned away from him. Hearing the flutter of wings, you sighed in defeat, wondering how you got yourself into this mess. Looking at the wall in front of you, you felt eyes on you. It better not be Uriel, or you will fight him here and now.

"What else do you want?" you asked, turning around. Instead of Uriel, it was Castiel. Better, but not by much. "Let me guess, you're here for the 'I told you so'?"

"No."

"Great. I don't need that right now."

"I am not here to judge you, Y/N."

"Then why are you here?" you asked, throwing your hands up in frustration.

"Our orders were not to stop the summoning of Samhain, they were to do whatever you and Dean told us to do."

"Your orders were to follow our orders? That doesn't make any sense."

"It was a test, to see how you would perform under... battlefield conditions, you might say."

"Yeah, how did I do, huh? Did I fail because we let Samhain rise? See, the thing isn't about what is going to happen in the future. As a hunter, we kind of don't get that luxury. I don't know if I am even going to be alive in a week, a month, but what I do know is today and now. Samhain may have risen, but we stopped him from doing any more damage. These people, all these kids get to live another day because of Sam, Dean, and me. I don't need your judgement for picking the town over me."

"You misunderstand me, Y/N, I'm not like you think. I was praying that you would choose to save the town."

"Come again?" you asked, confused more now than ever.

"These people, they're all my father's creations. They're works of art, and yet, even though you stopped Samhain, the seal was broken and we are one step closer to hell on earth, for all creation. Now that's not an expression, Y/N, it's literal. The powers you possess is strong enough to defeat Lucifer if he rises. I've seen what the other vessels of Amara can do. I don't mean to pressure you about this, but I don't envy the weight on your shoulders."

"I don't feel strong enough," you sighed.

"Can I tell you something if you promise not to tell another soul?"

"Okay."

"I'm not a... hammer as Dean puts it. I have questions, I have doubts. I don't know what is right and what is wrong anymore, whether you passed or failed here. I do know that I trust you, and whatever decision you make, I know it will be for the best. You will always have me behind you," he spoke the truth. Staring into his eyes, you took a deep breath before looking away. Shaking your head, you turned back to address him but Castiel was already gone.