The Monster at the End of This Book- Part 4

After that encounter, Dean thought it would be best to get out of town, no matter how hard you three had to try. As Dean approached the motel, you looked at the name to see half the name had died out, leaving RED left, just as how Chuck predicted. Sighing, you got out of the car when he parked.

"Come on. We're getting out of here," Dean said once he barged into the room with you behind him.

"What? Where?"

"Anywhere, okay? Out of this motel, out of this town. I don't care if we got to swim, we are getting out," Dean said as he packed his duffel bag, but noticed something was wrong. Looking around the room, you noticed all the hex bags that Dena put up earlier, gone. "Dude, where are all the hex bags?"

"I burned them."

"You what?" you asked.

"Look, if Lilith is coming, which is a big if—"

"No, no, no. It's more than an if," you interrupted with urgency. "Chuck is not a psychic. He's a prophet."

"What?"

"Castiel showed up, and Chuck is only the messenger. He's writing our fate that is already set in stone."

"Okay," Sam said after processing that.

"Okay. Let's get the hell out of here," Dean said as he snatched his bag off the bed.

"No."

"Lilith is gonna slaughter you. What don't you get about that?" you raised your voice.

"Maybe she will, maybe she won't."

"So, what? You think you can take her?" Dean asked.

"Only one way to find out, Dean, and I say bring her on," Sam shrugged, making you groan loudly. "You think I'll do it, don't you? You think I'll go dark side."

"Yes! Okay? Yes. The way you've been acting lately? The things you've been doing?" Dean yelled, making Sam look up in surprise. "Oh, I know. How you ripped Alastair apart like it was nothing, like you were swatting a fly. Cas and Y/N told me, okay?"

"What else did they tell you?" Sam asked, looking at you.

"Nothing we don't already know," you answered as you walked to the younger brother. "That you've been using your psychic crap, and you've been getting stronger. We just don't know why, and we don't know how."

"It's not what you think."

"Then what is it, Sam? 'Cause I'm at a total loss," Dean sighed as he walked to the door. Putting your hand on the brother's arm to drag him out of here, you stopped when your eyes clouded over with a vision. It's been a while since this has happened, and you wonder why it's happening now.

All you could see was Sam and Ruby, on the bed, fully clothed. Except that she cut her bare arm with a knife before Sam leaned down and covered the wound with his mouth, sucking her blood eagerly. Then cut to Sam, Ruby, and a demon that was tied to a chair while Sam used his powers on him. That's how he's been getting stronger.

Sam ripped his arm away from you, but you had seen enough. Staring at Sam with a horrified look, he refused to meet your eyes.

"Are you coming or not?" Dean asked.

"No," Sam looked down. Dean glared at his brother before throwing his bag onto the chair. He left the room, slamming the door on the way out.

"That better not be what I thought I saw," you whispered as you backed up. Fumbling for the doorknob, you opened the door before finding Dean by the vending machine.