It's A Terrible Life- Part 3

Because of what happened, Dean invited you two back to his apartment to figure out what the hell just happened. As soon as you walked in, Dean scoffed with a shake of his head.

"What?"

"If I knew this is what it would take to get you back to my apartment," he chuckled.

"All you had to do was ask," you winked as you walked in further. "What a night."

"Yeah. I could use a beer," Sam commented.

"Oh, sorry, man. I'm on the Cleanse. I got rid of all the carbs in the house."

"Hey. How the hell did you know that ghosts are scared of wrenches?" he asked as Dean handed you two a bottle of water.

"Crazy, right? And nice job kicking that door too. That was very Jet Li. What are you, like a black belt or something?" you asked.

"No. I have no clue how I did that. It's like... we've done this before. And what about you? That roundhouse kick?"

"Same as you, I guess," you shrugged.

"I—I just can't shake this feeling like I—like I don't belong here. You know? Like I should do something more than sit in a cubicle," Sam sighed.

"I think most people who work in a cubicle feel that same way."

"No. Well, look, it's more than that. Like, I don't like my job. I don't like this town. I don't like my clothes. I don't like my own last name. I don't know how else to explain it, except that... it feels like I should be doing something else. There's just something in my blood. Like I was destined for something different. What about you? You ever feel that way?"

"Actually, I do. It's been having that feeling ever since I started working here. No offense, Dean, but I feel like I should be doing something more."

"I don't believe in destiny. I do believe in dealing with what's right in front of us, though," Dean said.

"Alright, so, what do we do now?

"We do what I do best, Sammy. Research," Dean smiled.

"Okay. Did you just call me Sammy?"

"Did I?"

"I think you did. Yeah. Don't," Sam smiled as he walked to a table to do some research. Dean was about to walk to his corner desk when you grabbed his hand in affection. He snapped his head to you with a look on his face. Realizing what you've done, you quickly took it away before blushing.

"I'm s-sorry, I didn't know where that came from."

"Don't be, I liked it," he smiled as he winked at you. Time to start some research.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a long night with everyone doing research, but you gave up in the middle of it. Deciding to let Dean do all the work, you laid your head on his shoulder to watch him, and he didn't seem to mind it. In fact, he liked it a lot that you were showing him this affection. It was like something out there was drawing you two in together.

"Oh, jackpot," Dean chuckled once he came across a site called Ghostfacers.com

"What you got?"

"I just found the best site ever. Real, actual ghost hunters."

"Maybe," you chuckled, not knowing why you were feeling the way you were feeling about them. Something just didn't sit right. Sam got up to join you and Dean.

"Instructional videos," Sam muttered as Dean clicked on one. Two men appeared on screen with two white lab coats on.

"We know why you're watching," Ed said.