In The Beginning- Part 1

Storm clouds rolled in, ruining the picnic you were planning for you and Dean later on. Looking up, you saw lightning bolts light up the now dark sky. Thunder booms throughout, and you reach down to pack up your things when you see a woman standing no less than twenty feet from where you are standing.

"Who are you?" you asked.

"Amara. Unfortunately, I can only visit you when you are dreaming. I had to see how my vessel is doing," she responded, taking a few steps towards you.

"You're the Darkness?"

"It's not the meet-up I wanted, but it'll do for now. I need your help."

"With what?" you asked, taking a step back when she advanced towards you.

"Releasing me."

Gasping awake, you looked to your right to see a sleeping Dean next to you. With your heart pounding, you had a hard time forgetting of the dream you had. It felt like a nightmare, but it wasn't the normal nightmare you were used to getting. Where was Amara and how can she reach out to you?

"Hello, Y/N. What were you dreaming about?" a deep voice said from the foot of the bed. Snapping your head to the intruder, you saw Castiel walk directly in the moonlight.

"What?" you asked, not really sure what was going on. With Castiel and this dream, you didn't know what to focus on. Before he had a chance to respond, Dean gasped awake and sat up, looking at you before settling his gaze on Castiel.

"What, do you get your freak on by watching other people sleep? What do you want?" Dean grumbled, not happy that the angel was here.

"Listen to me. You have to stop it. Both of you have to."

"Stop what?" you asked as Castiel walked to Dean's side of the bed. Castiel didn't answer with words, instead, he put two fingers on Dean's forehead and two on yours. Then everything went black.

Groaning, you turned your head to the right before opening your eyes. Instead of being in the motel, you were lying on a park bench in the middle of the day, and Dean was sitting on the concrete ground with his head resting on the bench right where your abdomen was.

"Move it," a police officer said as he approached you and the oldest Winchester, "you can't sleep here."

"Okay..." you trailed off before nudging Dean awake. He grunted before looking up at the officer. He looked to be just as confused as you must be. "Sleep where?"

"Anywhere but here," he answered, walking off. Sighing, you sat up just as Dean got up to stretch his muscles.

"Where are we?" you asked your boyfriend.

"I don't know," he sighed. Taking out your cell phone, you find it to have no service. Dean took out his and came to the same conclusion.

"Come on, let's see if anyone inside will help us," you said once you caught sight of the diner across the street. Dean grumbled in response, and the two of you carefully made your way across the street before entering the diner. The first thing that stood out was the style of clothing the people were wearing.

Men wore plaid sweater vests with high-waisted pants while the women wore plaid shirts tucked into either pants or skirts. It was very 70s if you had to guess a time frame. The only two people who were not in style were you and Dean. The diner looked like it came from back in the day, with jukeboxes and leather seats that always stuck to your thighs in summer.

"Come on," you said, shaking off the weird feeling. Taking Dean's hand, you walked to the diner's counter and sat next to a young man wearing better clothing than the rest of the men, but not by much.