Criss Angel Is a Douchebag- Part 3

"What are we going to do now?" you asked as you sat in your jail cell. Sam and Dean sat on the other side of you.

"Use your magic," Dean whispered.

"I thought you said not to show it off," you mocked, making him glare at you. Dean was about to say something when the same officer came up to the cell door and opened it.

"You're free to go. He dropped the charges."

"Really?" you asked as you stood up. Leaving the cell, he handed you back the items that were in your pockets.

"Yeah," the officer nodded, letting you three go after signing some papers. Leaving the station, you hurried back to the hotel to do some more recon before you went to find Jay. Entering the lobby, you saw Jay waiting for you three. Going over to him, he stood up with a solemn face.

"Jay. Thanks for dropping the charges," you said.

"You mind telling us why you did it?" Dean asked.

"We have to talk," he sighed deeply. Not wanting to do it here, he took you to the bar that was right next to the hotel. After getting drinks and settling in, he began talking about how he found Charlie dead with the same stab wounds as Vance.

"I was just a kid when we first met. All I knew was how to cheat at cards. Charlie got me out of more scrapes than I can count. Hell, I would have been dead by the age of 20 if it hadn't been for him. He was more than my friend. He was my brother."

"I'm sorry, Jay," you sighed.

"Look, I should have listened to you guys when you told me that my show was killing people."

"Well, you weren't the one pulling the trigger."

"Yeah, but someone did, and I want to find out who did this to Charlie, so I'll do whatever you guys say. Just tell me what to do."

"Jay, whoever's doing this... they like you. They're probably close to you. Did Charlie and Vernon get along?" Sam asked in a gentle tone.

"No. No, it's not Vernon."

"He's the only one that makes sense," Dean added.

"Charlie and Vernon were your family, Jay and now Charlie's gone."

"Yeah, but... they butted heads sometimes, but Vernon could never do something like this."

"See, the thing about real magic is it's a whole lot like crack. People do surprising things once they get a taste of it," you spoke the truth.

"You better be damn sure about this. Vernon's all I got left," Jay sighed deeply before agreeing to do whatever it is you wanted.

"Great, call him to the theater, keep him busy. We'll go search his room and then we can tell you if he's the one doing it. No one has to get hurt," you said truthfully.

"I can do that," Jay said as he took out his phone. Getting up, you and the brothers went to the floor you knew Vernon was staying on. Whatever Jay said worked, because after a few moments, Vernon left his room before leaving out of sight. Sneaking to the door, you took out your lock pick before opening the door with it.

"Wow. It's like a... magic museum," Sam commented at the amount of stuff he had in here.

"You must be in heaven. This guy doesn't travel light," Dean teased.

"He's been on the road his whole life. Probably everything he owns is in this room."

"Let's get started. We don't have a lot of time," you said before starting the search. There was nothing of value in this room, and nothing to tie him to the murders. Maybe it wasn't Vernon, but if it wasn't, then who?